Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We started our day off with heart shaped pancakes with strawberries.

 Then Elliot & Davis both got their cards. Elliot also got the movie Tangled. 


 A little bit later we went to a Valentine's party at one of E's friend's house. It was so cute. Her friend, R, planned out everything. 

Since I only got to see Lane a total of 3 hours today (he got home this morning at 7:30am, ate, slept until 2pm, ran an errand for 1 hr, hung out with us for 3hrs & back to work tonight) we celebrated last Friday. We went to a Murder Mystery Dinner put on by Bedford's local community acting company. I have always wanted to do this and it was so much fun! I was so mad that our table didn't win because we had the right answer, but I got over it when I won the raffle drawing & got a free ticket for next month's show! And it just happens to be on our anniversary, so I'm looking forward to that.

We invited Jim & Lexi to come with us. The middle lady was the murderer. 

Even though Lane & I wouldn't be spending the evening together, I wanted to plan a special dinner. We even got out the good plates. We had mushroom soup, filet mignons, asparagus and frozen hot chocolate. Everything was so delicious! All of the recipes I got off of Pinterest :)
That blob of stuff on the asparagus is this glorious cheese mixture!
I have to say even with Lane's work schedule, today was wonderful. And even though we said we weren't doing presents, he got me a really cute Cowboys shirt, York Peppermint Patties & a card (He always writes the best things in his cards). I just got him a card, but I kind of consider breakfast & dinner to be his gift as well :)

8 comments:

Jami said...

Looks like fun.

Alys said...

I just started following you on Pinterest. I love it. Slightly addicted. But, it is great for recipes. That is where I get lots of mine from, too.
Looks like the last week has been lots of fun for y'all.
Davis' laugh is super cute.

Jaymie and Justin said...

The food looks really good! How did the frozen hot chocolate compare to Serendipity? Pretty close?

Bexie Funk said...

your food looks GREAT! my dinner didn't turn out like i wanted it to. i need to try frozen hot chocolate.

Lindsey said...

what a dinner! I've really gotta step up my game, haha!

Christina Bassi said...

Finally I have internet. I can blog again. Yea! I feel like I missed so much. Man, we wish we lived closer. It would of been fun to join you guys at the dinner mystery thing. That looked like so much fun. Glad you guys had a great holiday

Christina Bassi said...

Thanks Jalei. No, we only have a three bedroom. The playroom is apart of the living room that we just divided off. In the military when you have three kids you qualify for a four bedroom but I think we are just going to stick it out and stay in the same house. We nove so much already that an additional move doesn't sound any fun. We are just going to get bunk beds for the boys and keep the crib where it is for the new baby. Hopefully that works okay till we move in two years or so.

ChelseaSalomone said...

I am just now reading this post- but what a fun Valentine's Day. I have always wanted to go to one of those dinners too! And you look great, Jalei! Seriously you do not look at all like you just had a baby.