Monday, February 20, 2012

Potty Training Take 2

We picked potty training back up at the beginning of February. One day she came to me & asked to go potty, so I took her & she did it. So I figured I'd keep going with it as long as she would let me & we're still going strong! For my own sanity, I still keep her in diapers. It is a pain taking them on & off all day long, but I want to use up the rest of them before moving onto the box of Pullups that I have. And then after the Pullups are gone, we will go to panties. I feel at that point she will really have it down. But I have to say, she is really doing awesome right now. For the first week, she would never tell me she needed to go, but I would take her a lot & she would go. So I started making her charts. The first few only had 5 stickers to earn. She would do that in about 1 day & only have maybe 1 or 2 accidents. Not only would she earn stickers, but candy too & when she filled her chart up, she would get a bigger prize (whatever it takes, right?). Here she is with her first completed chart. The big prize was the movie Ponyo. She LOVES that movie.
I then started making 10 sticker charts & now we are up to 15 sticker charts. The good news is that over the past week she has finally started telling me when she needs to use the bathroom. That is huge. Even in nursery the other day, her teacher told me she asked her to use the bathroom. We still need to work on #2, but she'll get there.

8 comments:

Brenden said...

She is the cutest little thing!! I bet she will have it down in no time.

Bexie Funk said...

that's awesome! i like the sticker chart idea too of starting with a few then making them bigger.

Lindsey said...

hooray!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Oh my GOSH she looks like you in this picture!! That is great she is doing so well. I think that's a great idea about the sticker chart. I probably wouldn't have thought to use that.

Jocelyn said...

Yay for Elliot!

Christina Bassi said...

Way to go, Elliot! She is too cute! :-)

Debbie said...

yayyy!!! she's doing awesome!! stickers worked for Jacob, too. it's so funny. he started out getting 5 or 10 stickers, too. by the end, each page had like 49 squares (as many as I could squeeze into one page!) because he was getting them so fast. thankfully we're phased out of those now. he earned a lot of prizes during training, hah. ;)

ps - i recognize those stickers!! are they the free disney dvd ones you get in the mail? we have a ton of those at our house and i use them all the time!! :)

Alys said...

That's good progress! When you switch to panties she will hate feeling wet and won't have many accidents I am sure.