Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Camping the Good Way

Indoors! We have been wanting to take Elliot camping, but at the same time didn't know if she was ready or not. So we decided to do things inside. Much more convenient. We tried to keep things a little authentic with smores. The fireplace is the next best thing to a campfire:)


 Here's our tent. She was really excited about this.

 And we watched a new movie: The Sword in the Stone. So ya, there was technology, but it made for a nice evening.
And let me just say that I'm glad we did this trial run because at 11:45pm she was squirming all over the place & we ended up moving her to her own bed. I was actually happy about this because being pregnant and sleeping on the floor do not go together.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

aww, how fun! smores are so good! we went to a friends house this weekend and made them....yum!! ps-this version of camping is right up my alley!! not a big fan of the other kind. :)

Allison said...

Great idea!!! I'm so glad that despite Jason really wanting us to go that Emerson and I stayed behind when they camped last week. I can see Emerson not sleeping at all either. We need to try the living room or backyard camping first...good trial run! She says she's ready to go camping but I'm not ready to deal with her. Landon did great though.

Jami said...

She can go with us next time.

Alys said...

That is so funny! Camping is a lot of hard work with kids. I really don't recommend it. Trying it at home is probably just as fun for Elliot at this point in time.

Brenden said...

Haha how fun! We actually were thinking of going camping soon with both kids. If we do, I'll let you know how it goes. ;) Love the picture of Lane and Elliot in the tent, so cute.

Lindsey said...

Cute idea! And E is getting prettier and prettier!

Regina said...

FUN! Kelly has been begging to do this! We just have to wait until my mom moves out.