Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Disturbing the Peace

Last night we were awakened by a car horn. It was 12:30am and we had been asleep for about 4 hours. At first I thought it was some inconsiderate person honking outside of someone's house. But after about 5 minutes of continuous horn, I thought someone must have been killed & was laying on their horn. Dramatic I know. I've seen too many movies. Lane decided to go outside to investigate. I did not want him to do this because I'm a wimp. So I watched out the window as he went down the street to find the car. He tracked down the noise to a car parked outside of a vacant house that sits cadi corner to ours. No one was inside. It was as if the car was possessed. The doors were locked. So he comes back inside and I tell him the only thing we can do is call the police. So we did. Within a couple of minutes they were checking things out. We were hoping they would use some tools to jimmy the car open, pop the hood & disconnect the battery. But instead they stood around scratching their heads. Finally, I guess they pulled the license plates to find out where the car was registered to & got the owner to come outside to turn it off. This was all in about a 30 minute time span. When Lane saw who the owner was (the house 2 doors down), he got so mad. He's a younger guy and should have checked his car. Somehow our kids slept through this. Thank goodness!
Annoying facts about this whole situation:
1) Not one other neighbor got up to investigate this. I know most of them are old, so maybe their hearing aids were turned off, but come on people, this was LOUD!
2) Not one person went outside to see if it was their own car. Where is their sense of responsibility?
3) The idiot who the car belonged to came out shirtless. He should have been ticketed for that alone.  Or for the fact that his car was parked the wrong way in front of some one elses house. Or the mere fact that he didn't come out to investigate. I really don't care what the reason would be, as long as he got a ticket.
4) Lane had to wake up at 4am for work, so this did not help any.

5 comments:

Regina said...

LOL!!! Did Lane at least take his gun? Michael would have been armed and all over that one.

Bexie Funk said...

that's really annoying. your #3 is hilarious!

Gwen said...

LOL!!! AMEN, REGINA!!! JEREMIAH WOULD'VE HAD ME TO COVER HIM WHILE HE "WENT IN!!!" LOL!!!

Sorry about the drama, though. I hope you guys were able to go back to sleep.

monica said...

I would've done the same thing! I hate noise and inconsiderate people. It always amazes me that other people really don't care.

Debbie said...

omg I would have been pissed. I'm totally with you. I would have sent Badi outside. How incredibly frustrating that the owner was inside, too. What the heck?!?!?!