Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Davis!

My little guy is 1! We celebrated as a family the day before because Lane will be at work all day on his actual birthday :( We didn't really have anything planned. After Elliot's 1st birthday being a complete disaster, my expectations were lower this time around...like nonexistent. And I'm glad they were because he was super fussy pretty much all day. By 3pm, I told Lane we just need to get out of the house so he can be happier. We went to Braum's again. And that did the trick. Then we just drove around really nice neighborhoods dreaming one day...When we got back home, we went ahead and sang happy birthday since he was in a better mood.

 Elliot helped him blow out the candle.
 
He's halfway through with his cupcake. He LOVED it!
 We got him Scout, the dog next to me. You can program him to say his name and sing songs, etc. Then we're reading his card. When I told Lane I needed to buy him a card, I got a big eye roll. But I told him there is no way I wasn't buying my little boy a 1st birthday card, so he can look back on it when he's older.
Mommy, Daddy and Davis

At this point, he is able to walk across the room. He still reverts to crawling half the time, but he's taking the initiative. He also FINALLY started to wave and clap. Like literally on his birthday. I don't know what he's been waiting for. As far as talking goes, he babbles dadada the best & occasionally says mamama, but not very often and not for us. He is very into biting at the moment. And we call him Dinosaur Boy because he'll occasionally start talking in a dinosaur like voice. Lane thinks we should also give him the nickname of Muffin Man because he is obsessed. He sure does love carbs! He's been sick the past 2 weeks with congestion which has caused him to have a bad cough and runny nose. Hopefully he'll get over it soon because I'm tired of waking up between 5-6am. That's right. Every day. Not fun. 
Stats:
Height: 2'8"--95%
Weight: 21 lb 4oz--25%
Head: 46cm --34%

7 comments:

Jami said...

Looks like he enjoyed the end of the day.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Growing up TOO fast!!! I swear he looks just like you and is so adorable.

Christina Bassi said...

He has gotten so big so fast! I can't believe he is already one. He doesn't look like a baby anymore. They grow to fast, don't they.

Laura said...

I can't believe he is 1! He is such a cute little guy. Happy b-day! :) And that made me laugh about the card. I've recently got the "eye roll" when I insisted on buying a $20 Halloween costume for Trevor. Scott didn't see the point in spending that much on something he'd only wear once. But I know he'll look back on our cute little baby bat and be glad I did it. :) (Maybe not, but I know I'll look back and be glad I did.) :)

Jocelyn said...

Happy birthday, Davis!!

Lindsey said...

Olivia has Violet (the female Scout) and has loved it!! And I love your outfit here, so cute.

Debbie said...

1 already?! gosh, that's crazy! he's so cute. and I love his new haircut. I have no idea how you're functioning with him waking up at 5am. poor thing. :( hope he's feeling better! Noah is also our 'carbs boy'. ha!