Wednesday, October 3, 2012

State Fair

It's that time of year again! I think this is our 4th time going. Of course our first stop was at the petting zoo. I love this place.
 Elliot & I with our beloved cotton candy. This is 1 of 2 that we ate. I told Lane, you only live once :)
Other fair foods consumed:
Fletcher's Corny Dog- Awesome as usual
Fried Buffalo Chicken in a flapjack- A favorite
Fried Jambalaya- Good, but way too small
Fried Mexican Firecrackers- Yummy
Fried Tres Leches- Lane said it was good
Lemonade- very refreshing
 Happy birthday Big Tex.
 This is the one ride Elliot chose to go on.
We had so much fun again. The kids did great, so that helped. As far as shows go, we only went to see the Ronald McDonald show and World on a String puppet show. We also perused through the car show. We were there from 10-3 so I feel we got the full experience. Til next year!

8 comments:

Gwen said...

Is it that time of year again...already?!?! I have NO concept of time. I love the family pic! You amaze me with how much y'all do as a family. That's awesome!

Greg and Nancy said...

We're planning to go next week -- I'm so excited! :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

that pic of you and Elliot sharing the cotton candy is ADORABLE.

Jami said...

You should have waited, we would have given you our tickets.

KT said...

How fun! I love going to the Fair!

The Piersons said...

You guys always make the fair look so fun and well, manageable with your kids. I just don't know that mine would be able to do it...I can't decide.

Also I wanted to ask a favor. My brother in law is thinking of doing his residency at the same hospital as Lane and I told him that I knew someone that he could talk to. He is OB/GYN and I know Lane is ER but he was excited about getting some info. Do you think Lane would mind if I sent him his email address?

Mike*Eryn*Reece*Bronx*Olivine said...

The state fair is such a blast! When we were kids my parents would take us every year! We would meet up with my aunt and uncle and cousins who live up here and have a blast all day :) That's so great you guys get to go!

Debbie said...

so fun! cute pictures! I love the fair and really hope we can all make it this year. We didn't get to go last year, but, man that fried buffalo chicken thing sounds so good!!! :)