Saturday, December 15, 2012

Elliot's 1st Movie

Today Elliot saw her first ever movie in a theater. It was actually totally unexpected. We were at breakfast with my parents when a lady came up to us and asked if I wanted free tickets. Honestly I didn't really want to take them because the showtime was 10am & it was already 8:30am and I didn't know if we would have time. But we decided to try. Elliot was so excited. And she really lucked out too because it was an IMAX movie at the Omni. We saw The Polar Express. I loved watching her reaction and expressions during the movie. At the beginning when the train shows up at the boy's house, it's really loud & looks like the train is going to come right at you. Her eyes got really big & she grabbed my arm. It was too funny. I was impressed how well she did. I guess she can handle sitting still for 1.5 hours. Good to know for the future. It would be an understatement to say she simply enjoyed it. She was over the moon!

4 comments:

Jami said...

That was great luck. Those tickets aren't cheap.

Gwen said...

I'm impressed that she made it through the movie. 1.5 hours is a little hard to do at that age. Good for her...and for you!

Jocelyn said...

How fun! I've been thinking about taking Eli to the movies, and he loves trains... so The Polar Express might be perfect!

Mike*Eryn*Reece*Bronx*Olivine said...

Awesome movie! That's definitely a good one for her to see for her first movie in a theater experience!