Monday, December 31, 2012

What are the odds

Lane & I had just finished watching a movie & we hear a thud upstairs followed by my mom moaning, "oh no!" We both run up to see her lying on the floor. She thinks she broke her leg. Thank goodness Lane was there because I start crying & he's the level headed one. He does a quick exam & decides to call an ambulance for her. There's no way to safely move her, so it's the best bet. They show up & sidenote-I know one of them. Used to hang out with him about 10 years ago...weird. Anyway, they load her up & off to the hospital they go. Lane drives up there to make sure everything goes smoothly.
After x-rays we find out that she has a midshaft femur fracture. Between her knee & hip the bone is in pieces & she'll have to have surgery tomorrow. So while I'm having a baby, she will be having surgery. Talk about stress.

In the meantime, I'm running around the house making lists & packing stuff for the kids since we obviously have to make other arrangements for people to keep them. I'm also packing things for my parents to take up to the hospital. Things are a bit crazy! It's now 1:30am on December 31st & I have to wake up at 4:30am to head to the hospital.

6 comments:

Jami said...

I'm glad you guys were there.

Allison said...

I am glad you were there too to help out! I couldn't believe it when my mom called to tell me this morning. What are the odds? That's how our life has panned out this year too. Bless all of your hearts! You are a lot like me and I would be totally freaking out too and acting like an emotional basket case. But, it will all be okay in the end. You take care of yourself and Perry and everything else will fall into place. I will get the updates about your mom from my mom. We are all thinking about all of you during this crazy time.

Alys said...

That is so crazy. Hopefully her surgery went well. I am sure the ward will help out. You both need meals now.

Laura said...

I hope you mom is okay!!!

Bexie Funk said...

yikes! your poor mom! hope everything went well with the surgery.

Regina said...

I seriously STILL cannot believe this!