Monday, December 31, 2012

She's Here!

We arrived at the hospital at 6am. They started my pitocin at 7am. I started having contractions at 8:30am. At 10:30am I received my epidural.
 
Here I am getting it put in. And you will notice Lane passed out on the couch. My anesthesiologist was like, "what's wrong with him?"
 
Moving on...I was so numb I couldn't feel a thing, much less move. By 1pm I was fully dilated and the epidural was starting to wear off. After about 3 sets of pushes, she arrived at 1:26pm.
Perry Leighton Blankenship
 Weighing in at 7 lb 7 oz.
 Measuring 21 inches long.
 When they put her on my chest, I felt an overwhelming love for her.
 She's just the sweetest thing.
 Amy and Regina stopped by later to meet her.

 She's such a party animal already. Ready to ring in the new year.
 With her daddy.

I still haven't slept for the past 37 hours. I'm very tired and hope to get some sleep tonight. Highly doubt it, but I can dream.

13 comments:

Jami said...

Elliot is very excited. She liked the hat.

Gwen said...

YEAH!!! She's beautiful! Congrats my friend :o)

DAVID+VICTORIA said...

Congrats, Jalei!! She's beautiful!!!

Christina Bassi said...

Congratulations. I'm glad everything went so well. She is beautiful. We really wish we could be there in person to meet her. Happy new years to you guys.

Bexie Funk said...

congratulations! i hope she's a good sleeper for you, you must be exhausted!

Jaymie and Justin said...

She is so cute! I love the outfit! We are excited to see her! Try to get some sleep

Greg and Nancy said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful and I love the zebra jammies. :)

Missy said...

Congrats!! So happy for you guys! If we weren't in the middle of packing and moving I'd love to do newborn pictures of her. I might have time late next week if you want!

KT said...

Congrats! She is a cutie! I hope you get some sleep. And I hope your mom's surgery went well.

Alys said...

Poor Lane, and poor you. I can't imagine going into that situation with no sleep and knowing your mom was hurt. I am sure you are so exhausted. Hopefully you were able to get some sleep in the hospital.

Debbie said...

congratulations!!!! so exciting! what a precious little girl. :)

Lindsey said...

I love the happy new year hat on her! She seems like a little sweetheart.

Regina said...

Yay! You did great! I TOLD you it would be a fast labor!