Thursday, July 31, 2008

Full Price It Is


I can't believe I missed it! Yesterday was the day that Cheesecake Factory gave away cheesecake for $1.50. I had all the signs in the world & somehow I still managed to not be there. Reminder #1-I got an email telling me of the momentous occasion. Reminder #2-My brother emailed me telling me about it. Reminder #3-My mom called me to let me know. Reminder #4-My friend blogged about the upcoming date. How many more signs could I have gotten? Obviously not enough. For some reason I had it in my head that it was AUGUST 30th, not July. So now I'm sad that I won't get a chance to at least get a discount on my favorite chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake. I'll have to take the hit & pay full price.

8 comments:

Julianne said...

So I've never tried this cheesecake, BUT I tried this wonderful Dark Chocolate Mousse pie from Kyrsten, probably one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted, next time I make it I will share.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

A dollar fifty cheesecake? Dang it! I didn't know they did that!

ChelseaSalomone said...

DANG IT!! I wish I had known too!!! But think of all the calories we saved. :)

Debbie said...

I missed it but I had to. I went to Cheesecake Factory twice the week before!!! Once for our anniversary and again for a business lunch. I didn't think my diet could take the hit again...even for $1.50. Haha.

Regina said...

I'm in the same boat. Missed it, dangit.

Jaymie and Justin said...

We missed it too. We were sad, but we are marking it on our calendars for next year.

Alyssa and Kevin said...

Omigosh... BE GLAD YOU MISSED IT! My friends and I were at the mall and we saw the sign... so we went all excited... at 3 oclock in the afternoon there was a 2 hour wait. You couldn't breathe in there with all the people waiting. We decided to just get it to go and once we waited in line for 20 mins the lady at the register told us the special price was dine in only. By that point I was ready to give up but my friend was from out of town and really craving it. So we paid full price for 2 pieces of cheesecake ($7 a piece) and then were told it would take 25 minutes to fill our order. So we waited. And 30 mins later... we had our cheesecake and went to Barnes and Noble to get a drink cuz it would have been 30 mins to a drink to go too! And guess what... for $4.25 and no wait... you could get the EXACT cheesecake I had in my hand at the Starbucks in Barnes and Noble. But the cheesecake was REALLY good! :)

Bexie Funk said...

i've never heard of that but i'll definitely try for next year! that's the best idea ever!