Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Elliot's Blanket

After 3 months, I finally finished the baby blanket I'm making for Elliot. No, I didn't continuously work on it, but the fact still remains. I figured it's the one sentimental item that I put my blood, sweat & tears into that I can give to her. My mom made me a baby blanket when I was born & I remember using it forever & now I have it for Elliot as well. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a sewer & have no intention of ever becoming one. But I thought-how hard could sewing a rectangle be? I'll tell you how hard, really hard! I love the fabrics I picked, even though they don't match her room, but the plush one happened to be the hardest fabric ever to work with! It stretched & I was always redoing it. What a pain. Oh well, now I can say it's done. Thanks mom for sewing the 4th side for me. She had to do a blind stitch by hand & that was definitely out of my skill level. I have a feeling the first time I wash it, it's going to fall apart.

So as you can see it ended up being a rectangular-ish shape. I did my best.

Here's the fabric up close. So cute & so soft!

11 comments:

Alys said...

That material is really cute. I am hoping to make a blanket, too. That is my project once summer school is over. Good job on finishing. I am sure you feel good to have it done.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Cute fabric!!! Isn't that the WORST material to work with? I hate it.

The Piersons said...

That is so impressive, and I love the blanket and the material. I am very impressed.

Caitlin said...

Yay! I'm sure she'll appreciate it more just b/c you made it for her and not b/c it's 100% perfect. And the fabric really is cute.

Regina said...

Good job! I think it's very cute!

Jami said...

It looked nice. I'm sure she isn't going to care.

Lindsey said...

LOVE it!!

Jaymie and Justin said...

What a nice gift for Elliot! Looks good to me.

the tatsaks said...

That is so sweet! She is going to love it!

Bexie Funk said...

that's really cute and you'll be surprised how sturdy it'll be. Way to go!

Diane said...

Pink and brown paisley!? Love Love it!