Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend with Family

This weekend I went to visit my family while Lane stayed home & studied for his boards. It was a nice little trip. I did so much! My dad is a gun fanatic, so we headed out to Cabella's to look for ammunition. That place is like a museum. There's lots of things you can do there. Here's my dad below. They had these guns that you would shoot at the targets & if you hit them, they would make noise & move.

They had all these exhibits of animals. Here's me & my dad in front of the Arctic animals.

Here's me & my mom in front of the African animals.

And here I am with a stuffed moose. I couldn't resist. Seriously, if you have kids, they would love this place.

I also got to spend time with my friends. Regina & I hung out a couple of times & just caught up. I love doing that! Then I got together with Amy & she helped me make this awesome valance that I'm going to put up in the baby's room. Here's the result below. Trust me it looks so much better in person. It's brown & white stripes. My mom also helped me make curtains that go with it. They're brown & white polka dots. Once I get everything set up I'll post pics.

The last big thing we did as a family was go to a Rangers game. It was the only one I'll be able to make this season. My mom made her famous Missouri Hot Dogs which were delicious! The game was pretty slow. Then a block of lights went out. I didn't even notice until they announced it. So they had a delay of game. We thought we'd stick it out for a while, but after an hour we were over it. So we left, which was a bummer. Good thing though because it was another hour before they resumed play.

10 comments:

KT said...

What a fun trip! That's so nice you live close enough to family to drive by yourself. Your hair is getting long! When does Lane take the Step? Daniel takes it this week and I'm glad he'll be done with it.

Gwen said...

You are so cute pregnant! I love the moose picture :o) I'm excited to see pics of the nursery!!! I'm glad that you enjoyed your weekend!

Regina said...

I enlarged the valance and it looks great!! Make one for me too! Cabella's actually looks like a fun place to go. Can't wait for your shower!

The Piersons said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery. I just know it is going to be so cute!!

the tatsaks said...

I am glad the valance turned out! I cant wait to see it all together and I cant wait to hang out more next weekend:)

Bexie Funk said...

cute hair! i love when we get to visit family, its the best.

Debbie said...

you hair looks different, so cute!! looks like a great weekend!! :)

Christina Bassi said...

Did you do something different with your hair? It looks great. Looks like you had a fun time with your family. I love the valance. I can't wait to see Elliot's baby room all done. I'm sure it's going to be beautiful with your sense of style.

Jaymie and Justin said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with your parents and friends. Looked like you packed a lot of fun into the weekend! I love the valence. It's amazing how good they look, but they are so simple to put together.

Stacey said...

I love seeing pictures of your family. You all look great. Tell your mom and dad hi for us.