Friday, June 5, 2009

Ugh

Some women LOVE being pregnant. I on the other hand do not enjoy it one bit. You're sick for the first 12 weeks, your clothes start to get tight until you need a new wardrobe & you miss out on things. This vent you are about to read is probably due to the fact that I laid out by the pool today and finally came to the conclusion it was time to get a new (bigger) swim suit. As I sat there & examined my body, I realized that my legs & butt have grown drastically in size! Of course I haven't helped combat that by working out since those dvds I bought & tried once. Ya I got over those real fast. I can't work out in my house. There's not enough room & it's boring. So I went to Old Navy to look for a decent (& bigger) tankini & left with the most basic, blah black one there was. They didn't have a wide variety to choose from in the first place. And I wasn't about to go somewhere else & spend a ton of money on something I really didn't want to buy. Trying all the different pieces on was no fun at all. I just kept thinking of "21 sexiest beaches" I watched a week ago & lusting after all of those hot people walking around in cute swimsuits. I have decided that next time I get pregnant (if there is a next time) I am going to plan it to where it will be during the winter. That way, I'm not missing out on all of the cute summer styles, looking normal in a swimsuit, or even being able to fly to some beach.

5 comments:

Regina said...

I didn't like being pregnant either, but it was because of heart burn, indegestion, nausea, etc. Having to buy a new swimsuit is hardly cause for complain Jalei!!! Besides, you are pretty far along for just now having to buy new stuff, that's really good! You look great!!

Alys said...

So, I have been dreading looking for a new swimsuit. I should be able to fit in my old ones, but I am thinking once August rolls around I am going to want something bigger. Maybe I need to head to Old Navy and get one. If the picking are so slim now, in August they will be real bad.
Well, you can always wear a sundress over your swimsuit. That might be my approach. I hardly ever get in the pool or lake anyway.

the tatsaks said...

I totally understand! I hated gaining weight! But the way I look at it is no one is going to look at you and think you are fat right now. They will just think you are cute and pregnant. Then you will have like 9 months to loose the weight and look hot next summer. I was pregnant with Cru in the winter, had him in May and looked awful all summer. And no one knew I just had a baby...I just looked fat!!!

Jami said...

The fact that it took you to almost 30 weeks to have to buy a new swimsuit, and I have seen your old ones is a gift in itself. Stop griping.

Julianne said...

You do look cute pregnant. I need to decide about a swimming suit because I have one I don't like but I swim all the time.