Wednesday, November 9, 2011

1 Month

Davis turned 1 month on October 7th. I feel like it was forever ago that I was in the hospital. His is doing great and getting bigger. I had Lane weigh him the other day and he was at 10 lbs. At 2 weeks he was 8 lbs, so I know he's getting enough food. Right now he's eating 5oz every 3 hours. I was trying to stretch his feedings out to every 4 hours, but he could never quite make it. In fact, he starts to get hungry right at 2.5 hours. I think he eats a lot. At night he will sleep for 5 hour stretches, so that's awesome. The hard part is getting him to go to sleep initially. He has such a hard time with it. In the evenings he has a lot of gas, so that makes it more difficult because he's uncomfortable and fussy for a while. Hopefully these issues will start to fade away soon. At this point with Elliot, we moved her into her crib and out of our room. But I don't feel Davis is quite ready for that. I had hoped to be putting him in his crib for naps so that he'd be used to it, but he's not having it. Every time he sleeps, it's somewhere different because apparently he's very picky. So that's my #1 thing to work on with him. Other than that, he is a great baby.

Here are a few pictures of him. The first one I took for comparison reasons a few days after he was born on Oct. 9th. The others were taken on Nov 9th. Can you tell that he's getting bigger?



I like this last picture because it looks like he's smiling. We're still waiting for the real thing.

6 comments:

Brenden said...

He's so cute! I love that little guitar outfit. I don't think we moved Graham to his crib for a couple motnhs either. I'm betting we'll keep Claire in our room even longer because their rooms will be right next to eachother, and I'm thinking she'll wake Graham up when she cries. How is it adjusting to two kids? I'm getting a little nervous!

Alys said...

I love the last picture too. He is such a cute little guy. So glad we got to see you, Lane and the kids. It was a fun visit. And, special that we could be there for Davis' blessing.
And, I haven't checked private blogs the whole time I was there, so I am just now catching up.

Jami said...

He is so cute.

Jocelyn said...

Such a cutie! He's growing so fast!

KT said...

Ahh, he is so cute, it's dangerous for me to see these cute baby pictures :) He reminds me of Elliot as a baby, do you think they look alike?

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

He is adorable. And it sounds like he is sleeping really well for just one month old. So cute.