Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Minute Date

We invited Lane's parents over for dinner the other day and at the end of the night Lane and I were able to sneak away for a quick date. He's had this Starbucks gift card for over a year now, so we finally decided to use it.
I got the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and he got the Spiced Apple Cider. Both were really good.

So the date was only maybe 30 minutes. But it was still nice to get away for some adult time. I'm really going to try and do better to make "date nights" a regular occurrence. And I'm going to try and do better at documenting them as well. Every year I turn my blog into a book and one day my kids will have them. So I want them to know that it's important to make time for your spouse.

5 comments:

Regina said...

Good for yall! We need to go out more too! I have been hearing about the salted caramel hot chocolate! I want to try it!

KT said...

Way to go! I need to do that more, even 30 minutes like you did is a great idea.

Jaymie and Justin said...

Those drinks do look really good! Glad you got some date time even if it was short!

Gwen said...

Good for you guys! I'm impressed that you are able to blog so much with an infant AND a toddler!

Lindsey said...

Awww that's so sweet that you want your kids to know that someday. And I agree date nights are important...I need to do the same :)