Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Reading

This past year I have been making good use of our local library. Today I checked out 2 Christmas books: 
The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck and The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans. Normally I wait until December to do anything "Christmas" (with the exception of 103.7 Lite FM playing Christmas music), but I knew if I did that they would probably be gone and not back until after the holidays. Anyway, if you're looking for a good Christmas book to read during your time off, I would recommend anything by Richard Paul Evans. I've read several of his books and they are all wonderful and heartwarming. Every year I read his book, The Christmas Box, so if you haven't read that one, it's a good place to start. Oh and another holiday indulgence that I've already started...Little Debbie Christmas Gingerbread soft cookies...Yum!

3 comments:

Christina Bassi said...

Thanks for the recommendations. I am almost done with the Hunger Games (so good) and was just thinking I needed a good book to get me in the spirit of the season.

Gwen said...

I'm not much of a reader so I can't comment on the books...or reading for that matter. I'm just too busy with these kids. Maybe when they start pre-school I'll have more "me" time and can get into reading.

On the cookie note, remember those sugar cookies from E's b-day party that I was obsessed with? I was at the store yesterday and bought the mix. I'm gonna try to bake them like you suggested. Wish me luck!

I think every year kvil plays christmas music earlier and earlier. And every year, I set up christmas earlier and earlier. Guess what I am doing? Setting up christmas the day before thanksgiving. Tis the season!!!

Regina said...

I thought I let you borrow the Christmas Sweater last year. Did I not? It is really good, I liked it a lot. I also read the Christmas Box last year. I need to find some more. Maybe when the baby comes I will read while feeding.....but I have a feeling I will watch tv.