Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Birthday

My birthday started a little early this year on October 28th. Regina and Amy treated me to a pedicure at this place in Midlothian. They do specialty paint jobs that last a long time. I got leopard print and I think it turned out pretty cool.
On Oct 30th, I had my birthday dinner at my parents house. Every year on our birthday, we get to choose what my mom cooks. So I chose gorgonzola salad, homemade pizza and brownie fudge sundaes. Everything was delicious! Everyone then sang happy birthday and I opened my present. I also received my yellow roses from my parents. They have never missed a year.
Since Lane had to leave the house today at 4:45am and I was still asleep, he surprised me with 2 bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes. I secretly wanted one, so he must have read my mind. He had left them along with a card since he knew I was going to be out and about all day. 
 Today I got to shop all day by myself. My dad kept the kids. I had forgotten how nice it is to shop alone. I did take them with me to DSW to look for some shoes, but after that they were with Papi. I was able to get a hair cut, look for shoes, get my makeup done and get a manicure. It was a great day.
Here's what I found. I'm in love with them!
Me and my sweetie.

When Lane got off work, we went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was great to enjoy time with just the 2 of us. But we made it quick because we were both missing our little munchkins.

Oh ya, I forgot to mention that I turned 29. I can't believe I'm that old.


14 comments:

Allison said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a great day, very well-deserved! My birthdays typically end up being just another day especially after having kids. I am in love with the leopard pedicure and you look gorgeous in that picture of you and Lane.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK What's up with your email??! I've tried sending you birthday messages all day and they keep getting rejected. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sadly, this is the extent of what I did for you. Lame. I'm so glad you got to pamper yourself a bit and enjoy some time with friends. You look fantastic!

Jami said...

Glad you had a good birthday. I enjoyed getting our nails done.

Kelley and Addison said...

Happy Birthdya!!! You look fabulous!! You need to get on Facebook!!!

Regina said...

That sounds like the PERFECT day!!! I am a little jealous... Glad you had a great birthday! You deserved to be pampered! And you look great!

Bexie Funk said...

that sounds so nice! i wish i had family close to have a little free time! and of course happy birthday!

Debbie said...

you look gorgeous! happy birthday! sounds like a perfect birthday for a momma of 2! and i love your shoes!!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Happy belated birthday, Jalei!

Gwen said...

Happy belated birthday! Your toes are awesome! Sounds like you had a great birthday this year. Dang, I can't wait to see what you do for your 30th!

Jocelyn said...

Happy, happy belated birthday! It looks like you had a great day!

Diane said...

Wow, you have been busy! And you look fantastic by the way. What's your secret? Davis is such a cute little boy! Looks just like a boy version of E. I don't know about you, but I have way more fun shopping for boy clothes than I do girl clothes. I hope Davis let's you get a little more sleep. Thank goodness for Daylight savings tonight!

Jaymie and Justin said...

I love your toe polish! I bet shopping without kids was nice. Happy Birthday!

KT said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun day you had. I love the shoes! Makes me want to go shoe shopping :)

the tatsaks said...

Glad you had a good birthday!!! You look BEAUTIFUL!!!!