Sunday, November 6, 2011

Davis' Blessing Day

What a wonderful day we've had. A bunch of our family & friends came over for a brunch to celebrate the blessing of Davis. I forgot to take a picture of the food, but it was all really yummy! We had 2 breakfast casseroles, fruit, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera. I'm so glad we had some leftovers! 

Then we were off to church where Davis received a blessing by his daddy. What a special experience. Lane gave a beautiful blessing. He always knows the perfect thing to say. I had both my mom and sister try to write down the key points, so hopefully between the 2 I can put it together.

Before we left, we got a few pictures with all the grandparents.
 Mr. Man-Isn't his tie adorable?!
 E wanted to hold her brother. He wasn't very happy.
 Quick family picture. Davis still hadn't recovered.
 Grandma & Grandpa
 Grammy & Poppy
Mimi & Papa

9 comments:

the tatsaks said...

Lane really did a great job! Thanks for inviting us to be a part of this special day!

Gwen said...

I love baby blessings! It sounds like it was a great day. You should frame the family pic. We love babies when they cry in photos! And yes, his tie is adorable :o)

Jocelyn said...

How cool that Lane gave the blessing! Is that normal, for the dad to do it? That sounds extra special to me... I can't really imagine Scott getting up in front of everyone to do something like that for Eli.

Brooke and Josh said...

So adorable. Elle is getting so big. We miss you guys!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Ok I LOVE your toes in the last post!!! You look great, Jalei- love these pictures of your kids... precious!

Jami said...

Everything was great. We enjoyed getting to celebrate with you guys.

Regina said...

It was a great day! He looked so cute and the blessing was beautiful! (Even if I was listening to it out in the foyer with my stink pot daughter!!)

Christina Bassi said...

So cute! I do love the baby tie. Adorable :-)

Laura said...

Man, I am so behind on your blog... can you tell? ;) I love the family picture of you guys after Davis' blessing. Catching up on your blog makes me so excited for a little boy! :)