Friday, November 25, 2011

Deck the Halls

I have never decorated for Christmas this early before, but I just couldn't help myself this year. Lane wanted to listen to Christmas music, but I told him not until after Thanksgiving. So as soon as we ate our turkey dinner, the Christmas music started! The next day, we went out & got a tree. Here's E helping us decorate.



And here's my mantel. I love it! A lot of spray paint was involved. I spray painted the pine cone wreath silver & added glitter. It looks really good in person. I also bought those wooden letters from Hobby Lobby & painted those silver. I spray painted the pine cones gold. The gold angels don't show up very well against the brick, but that's what you see between the  letters. And I recently sewed another stocking for Davis to go with ours. Now we're complete!

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Wait. You sew?! I love the mantle, too! It seems contemporary with a little bit of traditional. You put it together very nicely :)

Whew! Those were a lot of posts but I think I'm all caught up now.

Jami said...

That turned out really cute.

Debbie said...

that is gorgeous!!! my mantle looks like a 4 yr old decorated it. i'm always so jealous of pretty mantles. come decorate mine!! ha :)

and those stockings are precious! jealous of those, too. ha

Bexie Funk said...

that looks so good! i need to decorate a little more.

Alys said...

I love the stockings! I want to make some for us, but don't think I will get around to it this year. Do you have a pattern for them, or did you use a tutorial? You will have to let me know.