Sunday, November 2, 2008

26 Years Young


I can't believe I'm actually 26! I should feel all mature, but I don't & I'm not. I still feel like I'm 22 with a few exceptions. Maybe my mind will stay at that age. Here's the awesome cake Lane made for me. I'm still impressed how he got the sprinkles in the shape of 26.

This afternoon we had a picnic at a park while listening to a jazz band play. The weather was so nice & it was great to relax. The location was pretty cool because it's in the middle of downtown, you have all the tall buildings around you.

Tonight we ate cake & opened presents (my favorite part). One of my favorite cards I received was from my mom. It has a picture of a dachshund, which resembles my dog when she was younger. It was so cute! I got lots of gifts including money (always need that!), a movie, gift cards for ice cream & makeup (yea!), an apron (I've been wanting to make one, but this makes it so much easier!). Lane got me a jewelry cleaner & a pair of jeans that I've been wanting forever!

All in all, my birthday was wonderful. In fact I'm sad that it's ending :( Thank you to all of you who made it great by calling, sending cards & gifts & being great friends!

16 comments:

KT said...

Well Happy Birthday Jalei!! I didn't even know it was today, but it sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Alys said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The cake looks yummy!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Super cute apron!

Allison said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad to hear it was a great one! You got some good gifts and that was SO sweet of Lane to make you a cake. What a great husband!!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

What a cool cake...great job Lane!
Love the apron! It looks great and It even matches your house.

Regina said...

OMG! I was going to make you an apron for Christmas! So weird. I have been wanting one too! So glad you had a good birthday! You will get my gift along with the Twilight game, I didn't want to pay shipping twice. And Amy's. I know, I'm cheap!

Debbie said...

Aww, I love your apron! I've been looking for one and can't find "the one" that I really like yet.

What a cute cake!! How sweet of Lane to make it for you! :)

Jami said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. I hope you enjoy the game.

the tatsaks said...

Happy Birthday!!! Your card will be with the twilight games. I am glad it was a good day and you look mighty cute in that apron.

Bexie Funk said...

happy belated bday! hope you had a fun day!

Kelley and Addison said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I love that cake!! I got that same card for my birthday and I have it on our fridge! I love it!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Happy BEEEEElated birthday. The sprinkles are very impressive!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Do you think everything is ok with Debbie? I'm surprised she hasn't posted anything..

Stacey said...

Jalei:

Happy Birthday. I can't believe you're 26. That makes me really old. It sounds like you and Lane are having a great life. You do such fun things. You look great. Hope you had a great day. Miss you,

Stacey

Laura said...

Happy birthday Jalei!!! (sorry I'm a little late) ... looks like it was a good day!

Missy said...

I must know where your mom got that apron!

Oh, and happy belated birthday! November birthdays are the best!