Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our New President

President Vice President

I woke up this morning feeling sick...and for good reason. We now have a new President and it wasn't who I was hoping for. America has chosen Barack Obama, a man with only 2 years of experience as a Senator, as our president for the next 4 years. They've chosen someone who wants to get rid of the flag and Pledge of Allegiance. I guess that is the "change" they've been waiting for. Just because a man can speak eloquently and very persuasively, does NOT qualify him for president. He's just a great public speaker that makes things sound better than they really are. I can make an ice cream sundae sound like the best choice for you. But in the end, it's STILL an ice cream sundae full of fat and too many calories! Barack Obama is just an ice cream sundae, and his cherry on top is Joe Biden, a man who on more than one occasion has published works that have been plagerized. Good choice America. I hope things don't turn out as badly as speculated in the next 4 years. But I have a feeling Republicans are going to get to say a big fat I TOLD YOU SO!

8 comments:

Regina said...

Oh I was sick too. I couldn't even watch his acceptance speech. I wanted to barf. This is the nation we live in....

The Piersons said...

It does make things scary, but at least proposition 8 passed so there is some hope out there.

It looks like you had a fun birthday and got spoiled rotten...just like you should.

Debbie said...

I started crying when McCain did his speech. Was that not the most well-written and well-spoken thing you've ever heard?!?! How sweet and well put! :)

Julianne said...

It made me feel sick too to hear the results of the election. It is so disturbing to me that Obama will be the next president.

Allison said...

I could not agree more!! I am literally sick to my stomach as well and have not even turned on the T.V. today as I don't want to hear about it! I think after 4 years people will realize what a mistake it was to vote for him. What in the world are poeple thinking!!?? I guess all we can do is pray really hard for the next 4 years.

Alyssa and Kevin said...

It makes me sad to read this. I hope some day you'll see the great man he is. It's okay if you don't... but maybe if you give him a chance, he'll surprise you.

Any maybe he won't.. we'll have to wait and see.
LOVE YOU!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Well said, Jalei.

Laura said...

Yeah, Tuesday night was a sad night. It makes you a little nervous when you find out that the President of Iran called Obama to congratulate him on winning the election. Something just seems a bit off about that. I'm scared for the next 4 years!