Thursday, November 27, 2008

Arkansas Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving we went with my family to Arkansas. Before we got to where we were going to stay, we stopped by the farm. During the Hurricane this huge tree was blown into the house. Here's what the damage looks like. It was really sad to see. Here's the tree that did the damage. It was my favorite tree. There used to be a rope swing that we would play on for hours.

While we were here, we took advantage of the chance to shoot guns. My dad just bought a new gun & got his Concealed Hand Gun license, so he was itching to try it out. Here's Lane taking some shots. It was kind of funny because every time he got ready to shoot the clip would fall out. Eventually he got the hang of it. Here's Lane, my dad & Patrick holding up their targets.

We finally got to the condo we rented in Hot Springs, but of course there was drama that came along with it. When we walked in there was no electricity. Lane had to search for the breaker box. Once that was taken care of, we discovered there were no tvs in the place! They were supposed to have a nice 40" flat screen in the living room & another in one of the bedrooms, but they were gone. So I call the owner & let him know. He had some other condos in the complex & said he would check to see if they were available for us to switch with. Well the jerk never called back! I didn't bother calling him back because it was the night before Thanksgiving & he lives in Louisiana, so I knew there was nothing he could do. But you better believe I'm calling on Monday to get a refund! Besides that, you could see the place was really nice. I loved the decor.

Well if you know my family, you know that it's not surprising that we went to the local Walmart & bought a tv. There was no way we were going to miss the Cowboys Thanksgiving game. It's no 40", but a very cute 19" flat screen. It made us a lot happier today.

Here she is in all her glory.

4 comments:

the tatsaks said...

That looks like fun. Do yall always stay in a condo? I thought you stayed with family?

Kelley and Addison said...

what a fun thanksgiving!! have a safe trip back!

KT said...

I can't believe the tv's weren't there. At least there was Walmart close by to save the day! Happy Thanksgiving!

Regina said...

Ooooh. That condo looks very nice! I love the orange chairs! I would be sooooo mad that the tv's werent there! Hopefully you got a discount, especially after not being called back!!