Wednesday, February 18, 2009

13 weeks


I had my 13 week check up today. I was really glad they took another sonogram because I especially wanted to make sure everything is going ok. I mean, otherwise I don't even know it's in there! She said that sometimes she can tell if it's a boy or a girl, but I told her if she wasn't 100% sure to keep it to herself. I don't want to get my hopes up one way or another. Because as soon as I find out, I'll be out shopping for clothes & things for the room, etc. It had a good heart beat. This was the best picture we got. The head is in the bottom center & the body is swaying up to the left. I was surprised at how clearly I could see the spinal cord & rib cage. I can even start to see the profile of the baby's face. Pretty cool. The baby wasn't in the best position to be able to tell. She said she could do a vaginal sonogram to get a better look, but I was too lazy for that. I figured it's early anyway. I can wait 1 more month. That's really all.

8 comments:

Regina said...

I can totally see its cute little face! It's looking right at the camera!! Only one more appt till you know for sure what you are having!!! Woohoooo!!

Paige said...

Good thinking. You could have gotten yourself in a situation like I did...thinking it was a boy for like six weeks until finding out otherwise. I am excited to hear what it is, that will be a fun post to read!

{lex} said...

That's so awesome! I can wait for you to find out if it is a girl or a boy. I have decided to find out this time. I am with you on not knowing if there is really a baby in my stomach yet. We go to the doctor for the first time this Friday. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. Congrats on the baby. We are so excited for you and Lane.

Haddy said...

So exciting! Technology is amazing, isn't it? Can't wait to hear more....

the tatsaks said...

Whats up with this...you are not a patient person. I think I would have wanted to know something but it is better to only know when they know for sure. Only 4 more weeks...I cant wait to start planning the shower!!!

the tatsaks said...

Oh and the sonogram is sooooo cute. I love how you can see the little spine...so amazing!

Gwen said...

What a cute sonogram! Sonograms are so much fun aren't they. Personally, I look forward to hearing the baby's heartbeat at each of my appt's. It's something about the heartbeat that puts a huge smile on my face :o)

Hopefully, your 2nd trimester will be much better than your 1st.

ChelseaSalomone said...

That's so cool!! How are you feeling? Are you showing yet? How is Lane handling all of this?