Sunday, February 22, 2009

Farewell Frosty


Last night I was craving a frosty, so off we went at 9:30pm to fulfill my wishes. I was surprised and confused to find out that a small frosty now costs $1.50 (including tax). What the crap? What happened to it being on the value menu? I was hoping it was just that particular Wendy's we went to, but I looked it up online & it is no longer there. How is it that a double stack burger can cost only $1 & a tiny frosty is more? So farewell to you my frosty friend. I will no longer be buying you (never say never). It's a much better deal to buy a small chocolate milkshake from Whataburger for $1.37 (not exact). And it's huge! You've made a BIG mistake Wendy's!

8 comments:

Regina said...

You know I am the queen of thrift, but it's a 13 cent difference. And nothing beats a frosty. I ate one everyday for probably a month during my pregnancy. I say, splurge every once in a while (or everyday for a month...whatever)!!

the tatsaks said...

I love the frosty...I like to dip my fries in it...is that gross?

The Piersons said...

Aaron and I were just complaining about the dollar menu at Wendy's. They also upped the price on their chicken nuggets and bacon cheeseburger. But I agree with Regina, nothing beats a frosty.

And congratulations to Lane, that's awesome!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

They went up? I love those things. It's worth it. And Lane is a smarty pants.

The Rowes said...

I'm done with Wendy's, too. A couple weeks ago, while Derek was out of town, I took the girls there and picked up some food from the drive thru. My girls love the chicken nuggets. Well, 2 things made me mad. The value size fries are now 1.29 and they came in the nugget size box. That's like getting no fries. Remember back in the day when the biggie fry was 99 cents? Plus, midway through my chicken sandwich (which I paid well over $4 for) there was a black long hair. I almost threw up. I know I probably just made you sick, but just sharing my story. Needless to say, we are never going to Wendy's again. Too bad!

Haddy said...

oh, but have you ever tried the vanilla frosty and added chocolate chip cookie dough?....the fact that you can add toppings now made my year! it is like a shiver from TCBY, but cheaper.

KT said...

What? That stinks. We used to go to Wendys occasionally when we lived in Provo because it was so close. Now I can't remember the last time I went. I do love their frosty's though.

Jami said...

If you want a frosty get a frosty. They are two totally different things.