Monday, May 25, 2009

Cook Out Turned Take Out

I have today off & Lane has the first part of the day off, so we had planned to cook out by the pool & just layout. We're both in need of some serious sun, so I was excited to finally get outside. As good as a juicy hamburger sounds, we would have to buy meat, buns, chips, & drinks just for the 2 of us. It wouldn't be as big a deal if we had more people to spend Memorial Day with, but we don't. So we thought it would be cheaper to just swing by Whataburger & grab some burgers. Yes we're lame. We did end up laying out for a little bit but it wasn't as great as I had pictured it. I guess I'll shoot for 4th of July & try to scrounge up some people who will be in town & live near us. So to anyone out there who wants to cook out, let me know!

7 comments:

Allison said...

That doesn't sound lame to me! Sometimes it's not worth the money and hassle to grill hamburgers when you can buy a good burger at Whataburger. We almost always have a cook-out here at the house with our families and friends on the 4th of July, so you are MORE than welcome to join us this year. We also buy some fireworks as well...we are not in the city limits.

Fernando said...

We spent the day shopping, so we've so far missed out on the lunch BBQs. We're off to one this afternoon. How's Whataburger? Still haven't eaten there. I remember you visiting the one if Corpus and saying it's OK.

Jami said...

That's hilarious. We were supposed to have fish tonight, but after eating Freebirds for lunch, I really don't want anything else. As for the pool, Patrick is cleaning the filters for the second time in two days. Every time he gets it close, we have heavy rains.

the tatsaks said...

MMMM! Whataburger! I love that place! I can never decided on a burger or chicken strips...so sometimes I get both...does that make me a total fatty?

Donnie and Laura said...

for the 4th of July, you should come down to Galveston and grill on the beach!!!

Bexie Funk said...

we'll probably be in katy for 4th of July but we're always up for a cookout!

Regina said...

That's so funny! But seriously, I totally feel you. When it's just 2 people, it is cheaper to get take out or fast food.