Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dinner with Friends

Last night we went to one of my favorite restaurants Buca Di Beppo with some friends. We had originally planned on just meeting up for dessert, but when they called & asked if we could do dinner I had no problem throwing the current meal I was cooking (homeade pizza- the sauce was already made & the dough rolled out) back into the fridge. I figured it would be just as good the next day. We had so much fun. I love eating with other couples. Not that I don't enjoy the company of just my husband, but things are so much more exciting when you're with other people. I think we both agree on that. Despite the fact that our waitor was terrible even though his name was Luigi, the food was still good & I got to enjoy the best cake ever made! Seriously, it's called Double Dark Chocolate Cake & it's to die for! Definitely worth every penny of it's over priced tag. And an added bonus, we had a $10 off coupon & gift card, so we ended up paying nothing! Gotta love that.

6 comments:

Alys said...

Coupons and gift cards are fantastic. Glad you got to go out. We do not find much time to do that. I'm usually so tired by Friday I want to go to sleep!

Jami said...

I don't like the cake anymore. I liked it before when it was milk chocolate instead of the dark chocolate. We love Buca too. The other day we had a coupon for $15 off.

The Piersons said...

I'm sitting here reading your blog and catching up and now I can't get that chocolate cake out of my mind!! I think I have to have it. :)

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Good times!! Good times!

Regina said...

Glad you got to go out on a whim. Enjoy that while it lasts!!

Abby Batlle said...

Hey Jalei! I saw your blog on Regina's. I just wanted to tell you congratulations! Elliot is such a GREAT name and what a cute pregnant girl you are!!!!! WOW!