Tuesday, August 4, 2009

36 weeks 5 days

Another appointment has passed. This was the quickest one yet...in & out in 30 minutes. She felt around down there for what seemed like forever! She was having a hard time because the baby is SO LOW & I guess pushing down on everything. But she's in a great position. I'm only 50% effaced & there's pretty much no dilation going on. I did find out that my doctor is going on vacation a week before my due date. Great, my worst fear! So they're going to check her schedule to see if we can get induced a week early. I wouldn't mind knowing exactly when everything is going down, for planning purposes. I'm not holding my breath though because they apparently told all the other patients the same thing & she's probably booked up. So if that doesn't happen, then I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Elliot decides to stay put until my due date.

8 comments:

The Hickman Family said...

I scheduled my induction with Dr. Jurney and everything went beautifully. I went in at 8:30 and had a baby by 12:00. Just remember to ask for the attending to administer your epidural and don't let the resident touch you =)

Bexie Funk said...

i loved being induced, it was very relaxing. i was already dilated so it went great!

Gwen said...

THERE YOU ARE!!! I was thinking that maybe you had the baby, WHEW! My doctor didn't deliver Scarlett because I had her in the middle of the night. I know how you feel wanting your doctor. I was a little sad but the doctor on call that night was wonderful. If your doctor isn't available, I hope the doctor on call provides you with wondering service...

Jami said...

Maybe you will dilate next week. Go for some walks.

Alys said...

Well, I don't even have the option of my doctor. But, I hope that it all works out.

Regina said...

Bummer! For most people, the first kid doesn't come early. Hopefully it will be the same for you. You need to hold out and have her on Sept 4th!! And if you want her earlier, don't walk...have sex!

{lex} said...

I am so jealous that you are at least effaced. I am almost 39 weeks and I am not the least bit effaced or dilated. He'll come when he comes I just hope that it is during the day. Hope everything goes great for you.

Christina Bassi said...

Hopefully you will get the chance to go into labor naturally. For us it was an exciting moment. You know rushing to the hospital. Being induced is great though especially after being in labor forever. I can't believe you are almost 37 weeks. Crazy how time flies. I can't wait to met my newest niece. I know she will be beautiful.