Friday, August 28, 2009

On My Own

Today my parents left to go home. It was a sad moment for me because they have been here the past week. I convinced my mom to stay a week & miss her 1st week of teaching (what kid really learns anything new in their 1st week of school?). And my dad was able to come along as well. It was so nice having them around to love on Elliot non-stop. She'll probably go into withdraws without them around. My mom cleaned & cooked for us every day. The first thing they did was go to the store since our fridge was empty (we did go to the store right before the baby came). When they got back it was packed so full of food, that I had no idea how we would eat it all (but we did). And my dad got the best of both worlds by having to do nothing but play with the baby.

Now it's up to me to do everything myself! We'll see how hard that will be. Thanks mom & dad for coming! And thanks Uncle Justin & Aunt Jaymie for swinging by as well! We can't wait to see you guys soon!

12 comments:

Jami said...

I'm glad you enjoyed having them. I am so glad to have them back.

Alys said...

You will be fine all by yourself. I know you will do a wonderful job!

Regina said...

Aww. You are going to do great on your own!!

Gwen said...

You will be surprised how well you will do on your own. If Gwendolynette can do it...so can Jalei! Goooooooooo JALEI!!!!!!!!!!

Christina Bassi said...

If you ever need us to watch Miss Elliot while you get some shut eye or something. Let me know. You know I would love too.

the tatsaks said...

What a precious picture! I am glad to be the next visitors!

Brenda said...

Hey Jalei! I know you will do GREAT with little Elliot on your own! I'm glad you got some rest and relaxation for a while though. Can't wait to see Elliot in person!

ChelseaSalomone said...

You'll do great!

Abby Batlle said...

so blessed to have such great parents. but i know you will be just fine on your own!! elliot is so darn beautiful!! keep the pictures coming!

Alys said...

Hey, we changed our blog, just wanted you to know.

seanlys.blogspot.com

alys

The Hickman Family said...

I think I cried the first time my mom left after having Kaitlyn! It gets easier! Elliot is a cutie.

Nicole said...

I still remember when my mom left too. I was sad and a little scared. Thats when it really hits you that you are a mommy. You will do wonderful. I have seen you in action at Stacey's house. Your mom came and got her hair cut after she got back and she sounded like she had so much fun snuggling with Elliot. Hang in there.