Saturday, August 8, 2009

Baby Shower #2

I'm so lucky to have made such good friends during my 2 years in Houston. Today I was given a baby shower by my close friends from church. They did such a great job. I received so many wonderful gifts. Elliot is truly spoiled already!

I love clotheslines because you always get to keep the clothes!

Jenny made this awesome diaper cake. The bottom layer is a really comfy blanket!

The food was delicious. My favorite food is Mexican, so why not have it at my shower, right?

Here's one of the games we played. I guessed it would take at least 15 pieces of toilet paper to go around me, but it ended up being only 9 & I'm ok with that. We also played a celebrity baby game. Lauren made a slide show of celebrity baby pictures with only the last name written. We had to name the baby & the parents. Even though I wasn't eligible to win the prize, I have to say I smoked the competition! Maybe I shouldn't brag about that.

8 comments:

Jami said...

It looks like another great shower.

Gwen said...

That's awesome that you got a 2nd baby shower! If it's any comfort to you, I probably would have done well playing the celebrity baby game too!

Christina Bassi said...

Sorry again about the pathetic dessert I brought. It was so funny watching people watch it drip. Yes, I am the worst cupcake maker in the world. Glad you still had a great shower. It looks like you got some really cute stuff. Oh, and thanks for the glass artichoke. I put it on our bookshelf. :)

KT said...

Sounds fun. Sorry I couldn't make it. I do have something to give you. Maybe I can stop by sometime this week?

the tatsaks said...

Yea! I am glad you got to have another shower. And the food is making me hungry!

Alys said...

That's so nice that they gave you another shower. I love the diaper/blanket cake.

Jocelyn said...

My best friend (who had her first baby in June) and I have had subscriptions to Us Weekly for nearly a decade and love celebrity gossip. We played a similar game at the baby shower I hosted for her, and it was so much fun!

Diane said...

I'm so bummed I couldn't make it to your shower. I do have something for you though. And I'd better give it to you soon or it'll become part of my baby stash.