Thursday, August 20, 2009

Going Home

I was so glad to get out of the hospital today! I had stayed 3 nights & 3 full days & had major cabin fever, mainly from today. Lane had to go to class, so I was stuck in the room all day by myself. I was bored out of my mind! We had thought we would leave early this morning, but the pediatrician ordered an echo because she heard a murmur. I spent the entire day waiting for them to come get Elliot & they finally did at 4:15. The results came back & she has what they call Pulmonary Stenosis. Basically one of her valves is too small, making it hard for the blood to flow through. It sounds a lot worse than it is. It's pretty common. She also has a hole in her heart, which is common as well. I had a hole in my heart too when I was born & it fixed itself. We go to a cardiologist in 2 weeks, so I'll wait to think about it then.

Here we are before leaving. Everyone is dressed up but me :(

Caught mid-yawn

13 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

what a cutie! and i love that outfit!
hopefully her heart will fix itself. good luck.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

THREE DAYS AND NIGHTS???! I'd shoot myself!!!
I recognize that outfit...so cute!

Regina said...

So glad that Lane got to go home with ya'll!!

Amber Larsen said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, you guys are such a cute family.

KT said...

Her dress is so cute. Hopefully all will go well with the heart doctor in a couple weeks. Is your mom here yet? Call me if you need anything!

The Hickman Family said...

She looks so cute in that outfit! You look great too by the way. Like you said, I'm sure everything will turn out fine with the heart doc. Good luck!

Lindsey said...

I love your updates--she is so beautiful! I hope everything turns out well with the cardiologist, too.

Jami said...

That is a cute dress she has on. Well since you had both those things, maybe she will be tiny like you.

Gwen said...

I love Elliot's skinny little arms! By the way, you still look beautiful...even if you are in sweats :o)

Alys said...

Her outfit is so cute, and the yawn. Oh, I can't wait to meet her.

Christina Bassi said...

That outfit is so adorable on her. I love those pictures especially the second one. Too sweet! I'm glad things are okay.

the tatsaks said...

Seeing these pictures are torture! I cant wait to hold her!!!

Laura said...

We'll keep Elliot in our prayers! Hopefully it all fixes itself really quick! You guys all look great... especially you Jalei! (Notice how I don't have a going home pic of me on our blog... yeeeeah, there's a reason for that.) :)

By the way, I love Elliot's little dress!