Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Elliot Reese

Elliot arrived 10 days early! She was born on August 18, 2009 at 1:41 PM. She weighs 6 lbs 9 oz & is 19 3/4 inches long. I've already told you how I got into labor, so let me tell you how everything went. I was progressing nicely. I held off for 2 hours before getting the epidural. I have to say my contractions were about a 9. I had a wonderful night nurse & a great anesthesiologist who did my epidural. I was comfy all night long. However I didn't sleep a wink, which was annoying. By the time morning arrived my nurse changed & things went downhill from there. They started the pitocin around 8am. But about an hour later, my epidural machine was malfunctioning & I ended up going with out for over an hour. I was NOT a happy camper. I was so frustrated I started bawling. Reason being that my new nurse couldn't figure out how to fix it. And the new anesthesiologist wasn't listening to me. I kept telling here that every time I clicked my button, nothing would happen. She tried telling me that I was wrong & pretty much didn't know what I was talking about. So while I was in tremendous pain, Lane went out there & talked to a different doctor & said they were being ridiculous. She then came in & fixed everything...love her! But it did take some time to get back to comfortable. From there things weren't so bad. I was completely dilated & effaced around 9am. but they wanted to wait a while because the baby's head was facing up & they wanted it sideways. So by 11am she hadn't changed positions, but my nurse had me go ahead & practice pushing to get things started. After 1 try, she had to go do something & 1.5 hours later she came back! At this point I was in tears yet again because she was no where to be found & I think my epidural was wearing off AGAIN! Not to mention the fact I would kill for some water. I hadn't had food or drink for about 18 hours at this point. Finally around 12:45 pm they gave me another shot of pain reliever & we started pushing again. My doctor was called & we kept pushing. And Elliot was here shortly after! So if you take away the epidural not working twice, everything went smoothly. I was so surprised how easy it was to push her out. Lane & I are extremely proud parents, but I still don't think it's sunk in yet.
Here are some pictures...

The fam

I love the hospital hat with a bow

First picture

Me & my doc. Excuse the inappropriate outfit. Lane didn't crop.

27 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

congrats! and way to go without an epidural working! it really does hurt when the baby is face up! She's adorable!

Gwen said...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!! We are sooooo happy for y'all! She looks just like Lane! I hope everything went well and that you are recovering just fine. ENJOY ELLIOT! Love you guys :o)

{lex} said...

AWESOME!! We are so excited for you guys. She is a doll and so petite. Post more pictures when you can.

Regina said...

OMG she is so adorable!!! I love her already!! I can NOT wait to see her, and you for that matter. I am glad everything turned out great. And I think she looks like a Jester. Kelly looked exactly like my infant pics and then turned into a mini-Michael, so she could switch. Have your mom bring infant pics of you and Lane's mom do the same. It is fun to compare!!

The Mulkey Family said...

Congratulations!!! She is just beautiful and I cannot wait to meet her...so happy for the two of you!

Brenda said...

Oh, I'm in love already . . . can't wait to see her in person! Congratulations to all of you. My love always!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Congrats to the beautiful family! Elliot's just precious!

Lindsey said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Yea!!!! I'm so happy for you guys and glad everything turned out ok. Elliot is beautiful, I can't wait to see her in person!! I think it's a little crazy how our daughter' b-days are so close, like ours.

Donnie and Laura said...

Congratulations!!!!! We are so excited for yall! So, was childbirth as bad as you thought it would be?? Can't wait to see more of her :)

Crystal Stanworth said...

yay!!! congrats! can't wait to see her!!! post more pics!

Alys said...

Yeah! That is about all I can say. I am so happy. And, Lane, I am sorry I missed your calls today. She is precious and will only get cuter.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Congratulations!!!! She is just beautiful. So glad to hear everything went (pretty) smooth.

The Hickman Family said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you. I love the little hospital hat too! I'm glad everything went pretty smooth. She's beautiful.

www.justinandcortney.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations girl!! I am so happy for you two! She is just beautiful!!! I am glad everything went well except the epidural part.

the tatsaks said...

Oh my gosh!!! She is PRECIOUS!!! I seriously cant wait to hold her! What a rough day! You did a good job and she is such a beautiful baby! It took a while for it to sink in with me too (with Kinsley). Congrats!!!

Misty said...

Congrats! She is so cute, you are going to be a great mom.

KT said...

Way to go Jalei! You did it! Elliot is beautiful.

Haddy said...

Congrats, Jalei! Elliot is a lucky little girl.

Allison said...

Oh, she is SO precious! Congrats!! I just love your first family picture! So sweet! We are so happy for you and Lane....so many fun times ahead! Glad Elliot got here safely and your labor went somewhat smoothly. I would of not been a happy camper either when the epidural stopped working. We can't wait to meet Elliot in person and love on her. Let us know if you need anything. We'll come by for a visit sometime soon once you get settled in. Love you guys!

Jami said...

Congratulations! We are so excited. Matilda thinks the pictures are of Eleanor, but the rest of the girls get it. I can't wait to see them together.

The Rowes said...

Congratulations. That's too bad things were so tough. My epidural "broke" when I had Emma too. Not fun at all. I'm glad everything else went well besides that. Elliot is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her in person! You guys look so happy in the family pic. Congrats, again!

The Piersons said...

Beautiful, so beautiful- both of you, congrats!

The Wallace Bunch said...

Oh my gosh, this brings back so many memories! I am a little teary eyed! She is beautiful and you guys are very blessed. Enjoy every minute of it(even when she is screaming bloody murder). I just went and looked at the girls sleeping in their crib and it made me cry seeing how fast they are growing. Its amazing how you can love something so much!!

Caitlin said...

Congrats! She's adorable!!

Debbie said...

congratulations jalei and lane!!! im so thrilled for you both. being parents is such an amazing gift, you'll love it! sorry about the epidural mess. i totally feel you with that one! i had to have THREE before one finally kicked in and worked!!

congrats, she is so precious! :)

Jaymie and Justin said...

So exciting that she is here! I really feel for you about the epidural malfunctioning. If mine does that I will be upset.