Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Davis at 10 Months

Davis is 10 months today! He is growing so much! About a week after I posted about him being 9 months, he started crawling. He's a pro now and I wouldn't be surprised if he is walking before his birthday. The only reason I say that is because he walks really well holding onto my fingers. I don't even lift any of his body weight and he has the motion down perfectly. He also cruises really well. He's pretty good at giving five. I've tried to get him to clap, but he's more of a knee slapper at the moment. Since crawling he has gained a little more independence. If I go into another room, a few seconds later he will show up. And sometimes he takes off by himself & goes into his own room to play. I don't interrupt him when this happens because I want him to learn how to play on his own. I've also started to close the bathroom doors because for some reason that is where he wants to be. He doesn't even mind if it's pitch black in there. I tried giving him stage 3 foods yesterday. He did fine with the fruit, but the meals he had a hard time with. I gave him lasagna & he didn't know what to do with the noodle pieces. So I guess I'll have to switch back to stage 2 for those. He is still part monkey, using his feet to feed himself & play with his toys. It's so weird! And at the moment his favorite books are Barnyard Dance & Moo, Baa, LaLaLa, both by Sandra Boynton.
 He really loves playing in Elliot's room. The kitchen is his favorite.
 Just chillin while dad gives him a ride. I thought he would laugh or something, but no, this is all we got.
 Practicing his walking skills.
This is his bad habit. He is constantly pulling off the protective stripping we have along the fireplace. It has pretty much lost its stick.

8 comments:

Kelley and Addison said...

He is so cute!! What a happy little boy!!!

Laura said...

Holy cow! I can't believe how big Davis is!!! He'll definitely be walking soon. What a cute little guy!

Bexie Funk said...

he looks a lot like you! i feel like second and third children are much better at independent play, way to go davis!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

He is your TWIN! They are getting too big too fast. Can't believe he's crawling!

Jami said...

Cutie!

Jocelyn said...

He's growing SO fast... I can't believe he's only two months away from his first birthday! It feels like you were just pregnant (well, for the second time). Speaking of which, how is this pregnancy going? Hope you're doing well!

Lindsey said...

SO CUTE!! And we love Moo, Baa, Lalala too! Great book.

Regina said...

He is so cute! I love all these pics! That's so impressive he is walking behind his toys!!