Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Car

Last Friday on a whim, Lane decided to sell his car. It was SO time! It was a '98 Dodge Avenger. In case you don't remember what those look like, see picture below. It's been having issues & that day we took it to 2 different shops to be worked on. So he posted it on Craigslist and to our surprise, got a call 10 minutes later! That person showed up at our house 30 minutes later and after about an hour, drove off with the car. Wow, that was too easy. What a relief.
 Now we were down to 1 car. No big deal. Lane worked nights (7pm-8am), so I would have one if I needed it during the day. We decided we should go ahead and get a loan set up so we'd be ready when we found a car. We went in 1st thing on Monday, submitted everything & waited. We didn't find out until Tuesday afternoon that things were good to go. I know everything sounds like it's flowed so well, but with Lane working nights, he needs to sleep during the day and that wasn't really happening too much. So he was using a lot of his sleeping time to look at cars and make phone calls, etc. He was pretty much hallucinating by the time today rolled around. We did find a car and what was thought to be a simple process of the credit union transferring the money over, turned into a nightmare that lasted ALL. DAY. LONG. I won't even go into the details because it's so frustrating & I still don't even fully understand it. But by the grace of God, I drove home in our new car, while Lane drove straight to work. Poor guy!
2010 Dodge Journey
Sorry for the poor quality, but it was too late to get a good shot by the time I got home. The color is listed as blue, but it really looks grey. I love it! It reminds me a lot of our old Jeep by the way it looks on the inside & out. This car however seats 7, so there will be plenty of room. I really hope it's a good car for us.

7 comments:

Jami said...

Nice. It's like an updated station wagon.

Lindsey said...

Nice! And poor Lane, hopefully he will rest now, lol.

Kelley and Addison said...

Love those!!! I just got a new car, too! Don't you get so excited when its time to go somewhere??

Caitlin said...

Gah, I hate having a hubs that works at night! I always feel like I have to be super quiet during the day, but that's impossible with a 2yr old. And then I always have to do everything b/c he needs the time to sleep. I can totally relate!

Hope you enjoy your new car though! It looks nice!

Regina said...

from what I can tell it looks super nice! I'm sure you're glad to be in a bigger car again!

Alys said...

So funny that is the same SUV we have been looking at too. Although, we are holding out until the Saturn dies. Hope it is a good car for y'all.

Christina Bassi said...

That is so exciting! It looks really nice! Now you will be ready for baby! :-)