Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Wanna Know What We're Having?

 
So do we, but we have to wait til Thursday! 
I had my ultrasound appointment today, but I'm having a gender reveal cake made & it won't be ready until Thursday. I figured Lane had to work anyway and it would be fun to have Elliot be there to find out as well, so two more days won't kill us.

Doctor says everything looks great. No concerns. However I gained 6 pounds since my last appointment! I think the correct term for that would be Holy Cow! For me that is a TON to gain in 1 month this early on. When I first stepped onto the scale & saw the number, I said, "Wait a minute, I'm taking my shoes off!" That took off 2 pounds, but still! I don't think I look bad or anything, just surprised. My doctor said if I gain that much by my next appointment, then we'll see what's up. Hopefully I will lose weight next time.

Anyway, to tide you over until Thursday night, here are some sono pics that I thought were especially cute.

 Isn't that profile precious?
 Here's a foot.
 A thumbs up.
 And a hand.

The sono tech kept going on about how perfect the baby was cooperating & how great the profile shots were. I'm a proud mama :)

10 comments:

Jen-Jen said...

you look fantastic! i don't think those 6 lbs are anything to worry about :-) i love the thumbs up and the profile- can't wait to hear what you are having!! are you going to register anywhere?? is there anything you need?

Brenden said...

Beautiful baby!!! I'll be checking back Thursday!! :) I am thinking it's a girl!

Jami said...

Those are really good pictures. Let us know if we are getting a niece or nephew.

Bexie Funk said...

i love the cake idea! I'm always looking for a good reason to make a cake.

Alys said...

Yay for being halfway! You are almost exactly 8 weeks behind me. Can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl.

Regina said...

Aww, you look so cute!!! You better text or call me ASAP!!!!

The Hickman Family said...

Love your hair! I have to tell you that when I moved to BR, you were my inspiration when I cut my hair short. I used to stare at your hair when we sat behind you in church. Needless to say, that cut looks great on you! Can't wait to find out what you're having.

Christina Bassi said...

I can't wait to find out what you are having! Wait a minute Thursday already passed. What are you having? I am too excited! :-)

I love the hand ultrasound. He or she is saying hi!

monica said...

You look really great!
How cool what you're doing to find the gender.. that's an awesome idea

Jocelyn said...

Sooo... today's Friday! What was the result?!?!

And P.S. You look awesome!