Saturday, August 18, 2012

Elliot is 3

Elliot woke up this morning to balloons in her room. I woke up to crying because there were balloons in her room. She was ok once I explained the reason for them being there. I chalk it up to her staying up too late last night. But she is very much a creature of habit and likes things in their place.

Anyway, we went to get donuts this morning. She said she wanted a pink one and I told her that there may not be one, but low and behold she got her wish! Mission accomplished.
 We had a carnival themed party. As the days went by this week the chance of rain increased. By last night, it was 70%. I was for sure expecting things to get rained out, which would have been a disaster since everything was outdoors. But the rain held off and there was even a light breeze, so it worked out perfectly. I didn't take any pictures during the actual party because I was running around. I wish I had. I loved the way everything turned out. I'm not going to lie, it was a ton of work! I have been preparing for the past 4 months. But I could really tell the kids had a good time, so it was all worth it.
 Games: bounce house, balloon animals, photo booth, tattoos, face painting, crazy cans, ring toss, win a fish, and bowling. A HUGE thank you to my family for working these games. I know that's not their idea of fun when they come to someone else's party. It won't happen again! I really wish I had taken some pictures of the kids playing the games. They were really eating it up. Especially the balloon animals. That was kind of a last minute add on. We found out Lane's sister Aly is a pro at them, so we asked her if she wouldn't mind doing that. It was definitely the hit of the party.
 Concessions. Don't mind the giant box of Huggies under the table. It was full of refills for the food.
 Food: popcorn, animal crackers, pretzels, peanuts, gumballs, lemonheads, peppermints, whirly pops, cotton candy, licorice ropes, and cupcakes.
 There really wasn't enough to room to fit everything on the table, so things weren't displayed too well and we had to have the drinks on another table.

 She was so happy to finally have people sing HER happy birthday. We've been to a lot of parties this summer & she's always singing to someone else.

Here are some photo booth pictures...







 We took our pictures after everyone had left, so we don't get the same back drop.

Once everyone had left, we cleaned up and put everything back in it's place. Then we went to lunch at a local place called Buttermilks. After that, it was nap time. Then dinner & the opening of presents.
Elliot got so many wonderful gifts. This is her opening her Lightning McQueen car. She just knew that Grammy got her one. I'm telling you, the kid is obsessed. She played with it the rest of the night. Whew! What a day.

Elliot Stats:
Height- 37.4"--52%
Weight- 28lb 4oz --25%

14 comments:

Greg and Nancy said...

That looks like such a fun party!! You did a fantastic job. :)

Laura said...

You throw the best parties!!! That looks like a lot of fun! I love the carnival theme! Happy B-day Elliot!

Gwen said...

I am soooooooooo sorry that we missed it. I was super excited that it was starting at 10AM, too! It looked like an awesome party and I'm glad that everything went well. She's a cutie!!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

You are seriously the best party planner! Such a cute idea! I'm always so lame with my parties. And I LOVE your new car!
tell Amy to update her blog.

Abby Batlle said...

what an awesome party!!! wow!!! you did such a good job!

Debbie said...

love that theme!!! such a fun party. can't believe she is already 3!! gosh, time is flying by too fast for these kiddos! :(

Bexie Funk said...

my friend did that same party for her kid this year. its really cute, i love it! i could never pull something like that off. happy birthday elliot!

Jami said...

The girls had lots of fun at the party.

Allison said...

Happy birthday sweet girl!! Can't believe she is already three, and boy is she just as cute as ever. Great job on the party! Love it all! As usual you always impress me.

Jocelyn said...

What a great party. You can see it took a lot of hard work, and I'm so glad it didn't rain on y'all.

Jen-Jen said...

you did such a great job on her party! what a cute idea :) the photo booth pics were adorable and all the food looked great!!

Alys said...

I heard it was a lot of fun. I don't know if my kids will ever get themed parties. I am a basic kind of birthday party... you know, cake and ice cream is good for me.

Christina Bassi said...

Such a cute party! You always go all out! She is a lucky girl. Sounds like she had an awesome day. The crying over the balloons story was priceless. :-)

Regina said...

So funny that the balloons in her room backfired! I could totally see that happening with Kelly too! Best party EVER!