Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fiesta


To me Cinco de Mayo is an excuse to eat Mexican food. Until just now, I always thought it was celebrated as Mexico's Independence Day, but according to Wikipedia it commemorates the Mexican army's unlikely victory over the French forces at the Battle of Puebla. Interesting.

We had a few friends over to enjoy the insane amounts of food we had. There were only 7 of us, but we had:
-margaritas (non alcoholic of course)
-flautas
-chicken enchiladas
-tacos
-chips w/ guacamole, salsa & cheese dip
-sopapilla cheesecake
-tres leches cake (thank you Diane & Fernando!)

Here's part of the spread.

Of course we had to have a pinata. Here's Lauren. She had a pretty good run, but in the end the donkey won.

But it was Diane that really let him have it. It only took her 2 swings to do...

this.

9 comments:

Alys said...

You are so festive. The food sounds/looks delicious. I love good Mexican food.

Jami said...

Looks like fun. We had tacos with the missionaries. Oh, you really should have known what Cinco de Mayo was. You did teach school.

Bexie Funk said...

how fun! i learned about cinco de mayo at the kids story time this week, sad. yummy food!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Looks good! I'm sure it was fun!

Diane said...

The food was fantastic. I must get your recipes!

Sorry I killed the pinata. Now we know, broom sticks for next time. hehe.

Debbie said...

how fun!!!! everything looks like it was fantastic! i love any excuse to eat mexican food. i could seriously have it every day for the rest of my life. yum! :)

The Hickman Family said...

Yummy, those margaritas look good! Every time I see people drinking them I'm jealous cause they look so delicious!

Lindsey said...

That food was seriously AWESOME! Thanks for the fun :)

Regina said...

You are so festive. I didn't do anything. Last year, I at least made taquitos. I am a slacker and you are showing me up. Oh, and I don't know what Cinco de Mayo is about either.