Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Today started off pretty boring. We had no plans & were just sitting around the house. Then our friends Christian & Lauren called to see if we wanted to go to the horse races. Admission, hot dogs, drinks & ice cream were all $1 today. That sold me!

E just got done petting a horse. Lane said she didn't really care about it.

Group picture
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Horse Race
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free slideshow

Lane recorded the last race. I don't know what was in the horses' water today, but we saw 3 jockies get bucked off their horses & one of the horses started taking off the opposite direction around the track. Pretty amusing.

10 comments:

the tatsaks said...

Man I had a lot to catch up on! I love her little teeth and I cant wait to check out your food blog! Cant wait for you to be here for a month!

Gwen said...

Glad y'all got a chance to get out do something yesterday. I would love to get a hat for Scarlett but she would only pull it off. You are SO lucky E will keep a headband, bow and hat on her head!!!

Alys said...

That looks like something fun. I think I would give horse races a try at least once to see what I thought.

The Hickman Family said...

You guys are always doing something fun!

Regina said...

See, you got to do something fun after all!! Cute pics!

Jaymie and Justin said...

I love the expression on Elliot's face in the horse picture! Yeah, she doesn't seem very interested.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Hey--the shoes on Charly are size one, but I have several size ones and these are the only ones that will stay on.

Lindsey said...

oh fun! I've always wanted to do that. And I was laughing so hard at your plant comment about potentially starting a fire...yes, that is usually the fate of any of my plants! LOL

Rachel said...

I've been wanting to do this. Looks like you picked a good day to go.

Jami said...

That sounds like fun. I'm surprised Elliot didn't like the horse more. Eleanor loved the one we saw in hot springs.