Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 4 - Your parents

My mom (60) is a 5th grade teacher & my dad (69) is retired. I actually don't consider him retired because he watches my sister's daughters, ages 1 & 3 every day while she's at work. My parents are great. They are very selfless people. Growing up I felt like our house was a come & go as you please kind of place for visitors. They have allowed several individuals & families live with them for periods of time when they needed help. At the time I may have felt inconvenienced, but learned a greater lesson about service through their examples.

8 comments:

Regina said...

What's not to love about your parents? :)

Lindsey said...

cute :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

love your parents.

Gwen said...

Your dad IS awesome! He is always smiling and is always so nice to Scarlett. I don't see your mom as much but she is nice when our paths cross.

Jaymie and Justin said...

Your parents are great!

Debbie said...

awwww, love that. especially loved your comment about how that was a great lesson for you to learn about service. isn't that so true? growing up, I would roll my eyes about several things that my parents did. now, I appreciate them so much and try to do them myself! :)

Christina Bassi said...

Your dad is such an awesome grandpa! That is so nice he does that for your sister. What great parents. :)

the tatsaks said...

Some of the best people I know!