Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New & Unfinished Projects

While we were in Arlington, I was one busy lady. I decided to tackle some unfinished craft projects & then of course, start a few more because I'm crazy like that. Every craft that I make always has SOMETHING that's wrong with it, which is why I usually just prefer to buy them. Plus I probably could buy them cheaper when it's all said & done. Anyway, let me walk you through them all.
 This Christmas tree advent calendar is the granddaddy of them all. It's a knock off of the one from Pottery Barn kids. I have been working on this beaut for 2 years! No, not continuously, but 2 years none the less. The little squares are different Christmas fabrics. I have no idea how the top 5 rows of squares ended up being slanted. I even asked my mom to take a look at it before glueing it down. But somewhere between then & the next morning it happened. Probably because I was doing that around midnight & was a tad delerious. I was pretty ticked about it, but whatever. I'm going to put different activities to do each day in December, such as: make a gingerbread house or read the Christmas story out of the bible. I'm pretty excited about it.
 These adorable stockings took me a year to complete. Again, I wasn't continuously working on these. My friend Laura walked me through these & was kind enough to let me come to her place & use her sewing machine. You can tell Elliot's was the first one made because her name is a little too high. I wish I would have made these a little wider because you really can't fit too many things through the middle. It won't matter because I plan on just putting in a giant candy can, those small cutie oranges & some nuts.  
 This is my Christmas Countdown. I love it because of the vintage cards you use. I got the idea from this blog. I used little jing bell brads that actually jingle. Love them.
 I thought this printable was cute. Again, I like the vintage look of it. I got it from here. I love this girl's blog. She always has so many cute crafts & ideas.

 Obviously this is a birthday banner. I had to break it up into 2 shots so I could fit it in. I've been wanting to make one for a while now & I love it. I wanted to choose fabrics that were gender neutral in case we have another kid someday. I ordered the fabric from here. My friend Diane referred me to them & they have lots of cute stuff. I checked back today & saw some other adorable prints that I wish I had gotten instead, but oh well.
 Here they are close up.
So that's it. I think I'm done with crafting for a while.

8 comments:

Regina said...

Wow!! Everything looks awesome! You were busy! Must be something about being in A-town that gets you crafting!!

Jami said...

I like the idea about different activities in the calendar. Patrick's mom got the girls one this year, but it a piece of cany each day. Oh, and since you asked-yes we did.

Bexie Funk said...

i love the stockings! mine turned out a little boring.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

sheesh girl you have been busy! I LOVE how the stockings turned out. So cute.

Lindsey said...

I love everything you did and I want everything!! Especially the advent calendar and the stockings, so so cute. I need to learn to be crafty :)

the tatsaks said...

You are so crafty!!! So you think the stockings were hard? I would love to make some for next year. Yours are adoreable!

Diane said...

Sorry, it's been forever since I checked out your blog. The banner turned out great! You've been busy!

Laura said...

Yeah, so I haven't been good at keeping up with anyone's blog lately and today everyone is sleeping, so I've enjoyed catching up on yours (if you couldn't tell.) I LOVE the tree and stockings! I think they turned out great! Your family will love them so much year after year!