Sunday, January 2, 2011

While We Were There

So I already posted the bigger things that we did while we were in Arlington. But here are some little things that went on as well.

At the beginning of the month a group of us ran in The White Rock Marathon. We did the relay so there were 5 people on a team. Our team's name was "Jogging For Jake". Jake is a little boy that has Neurofibromatosis. We raised money for his cause & ran The Rock!
 This is the night before: pasta dinner at Amy's.
 The morning of all ready to go. We had to wake up at 4:30!
 Amy & I switching off. We ran our leg together (6.25 miles). You can't tell here but I had on lots of layers! I think it was like 30 degrees out! Underneath that white jacket, I had a fleece on. And under the fleece I had a shirt. I also had 2 pairs of gloves, but I gave one pair to Regina. I didn't want to be like Lloyd on Dumb & Dumber .


Kristen & Chris (parents of Jake)

 We made a stop in the Stockyards. The plan was to get a decent picture for our Christmas cards. This top picture was what I had in mind. I wish there was a way to enlarge just us & keep everything else the same. Needless to say, this picture didn't make the cut. Instead we put used one that we took on Thanksgiving. I look like crap but everyone else was cute.
 More stockyard pics.


 Elliot & her cousin Eleanor got to spend lots of time together the first 2 weeks we were there. Somehow E managed to get Eleanor to push her around in this baby stroller for about 30 minutes! She just kicked back & enjoyed the ride.
 We celebrated my dad's 69th birthday at La Playa in Fort Worth. He got a complimentary sopapilla & birthday song.
 Elliot really needs a dog. She would constantly find Winnie & give her a huge hug.
 Luckily Winnie is a good sport.
 E found another friend, Chino.
He's a gentle giant.

And for New Year's Eve we did nothing. That's right. Lane had to take his 2nd step of the Boards &  on top of that he woke up feeling really sick. When he got home, he was still feeling pretty bad. But he did think he did ok on his test. Whew! Anyway, we decided it would be best to stay home. I did make him go eat at Fuzzy's. The Baja Chicken Tacos are yummy! Then he pretty much laid on the couch while I finished my projects (more on that later). We both were in bed by 11: 20 pm.

7 comments:

Regina said...

Cute pics of little E!! Who's dog is that? I cannot BELIEVE I still haven't eaten at Fuzzy's. I'm such a loser.

Jami said...

Where did that do come from? He is huge.

Laura said...

Looks like a fun trip! But we are glad you are back though. :) Congrats on your run, that is awesome you did that... and for such a good cause!

Regina said...

That video clip is hilarious! Makes me want to watch the whole movie. And thanks for the gloves!! :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I LOVE that pic of Elliot and the big dog. So cute. You guys do the funnest things. And we were in bed by 9 New Year's eve. Beat ya!

the tatsaks said...

OK, I love the family pic on your last post. LOVE the pic of E and that huge dog on this post and oh my, Winnie is HUGE!!! I remember when you got her! And your dad is 69? Crazy! He looks great! Tell him Happy belated Bday for me! So sad New Years Eve did not work out for us! We ended up at I hop! Definitely next year!

Lindsey said...

You raised money for a non-AHA organization?? LOL Just kidding. :) What a cool thing to do! I also love E with the dogs, that is adorable. And now I want to try Fuzzy's...