Saturday, January 8, 2011

SLC

Lane has been interviewing at different places lately. So far besides the schools in Texas, he has gone to Tennesee, New Mexico, and now Utah. We had planned on taking pictures from everywhere he went, but he forgot the camera when he went to NM & my battery was dead when he went to TN. So finally he got some pictures of Salt Lake City.
This is the Beehive House in downtown. Brigham Young used to live there. It is now a museum.

Seagull statue. Back in 1848 crickets consumed fields of crops the pioneers had planted. Native seagulls saved the harvest & devoured the crickets. It was known as "Miracle of the Gulls".

He had to stop at Carl's Jr.

Sugar House Park. This is a hill he used to sled down.

His brother Hunter is on a mission for 2 years in Utah & Lane was able to get permission to have lunch with him. Pretty cool considering you can only communicate through letters & email.


This is the hospital he would work at. He said it's one of the nicest facilities he's seen. And the view doesn't hurt either.

10 comments:

Jami said...

Thatvwas so nice that Lane got to visit Hunter. You're right, the view is beautiful. I don't really see you living in Utah though.

Regina said...

I think the view is terrible and you best just come back up here to the DF-Dub. :)

But if you did go there, I would come up and visit!

Lindsey said...

Those pictures are very pretty from SLC...I just imagine you guys in Texas though! But it'll be fun wherever you go :)

Brooke and Josh said...

Love the pics of my hometown! SLC is the bomb. That would be so fun if you guys moved there. I think you'd like it a lot. Hope you guys come back to Houston soon. We miss seeing you guys around.

Alys said...

I am glad you posted these pictures. Fun to see him and Hunt together. And, I would love if y'all went to SLC. We would come visit for sure.

Jocelyn said...

I just got all caught up in your blog. You've been busy with all the cute crafts. I love all the patterns and fabrics, but I am not crafty AT ALL.

Gwen said...

Temple Square is the best part in SLC, isn't it?! That was my favorite part of our UT trip. Personally, I hope you stay in TX. I think you would be happier here than in UT :o)

Caitlin said...

It's a nice view, but the weather sucks! I don't think it's been above 20deg all week. Sooo cold....

Stacey said...

I vote for SLC. I know you'd love it and we'd take care of you.

the tatsaks said...

We go to Sugar House Park a lot when we visit there!!!! It is so pretty.