Friday, October 29, 2010

Bruiser

Elliot experienced her 1st head injury just in time for Halloween. We were at Target & the seat belt on the basket I got was broken. Instead of switching it out, I decided to keep going...big mistake. She kept trying to stand up & after repeatedly sitting her back down, I decided to put her in the main part of the basket with the groceries. Well she decided to lean over the edge & did a front flip right out of the basket & onto the floor. She landed flat on her back & thank goodness we were in the carpeted section. I immediately picked her up, which thinking about it now I shouldn't have done in case there were injuries. After calming her down I noticed a huge goose egg on her head. She must have hit the metal part of the basket on the way down. That started to worry me because it was about a 4 ft fall, so I called Lane & his response was to take her to the ER & get a CT. Instead I called her doctor & spoke with one of the nurses. She said just to watch her over the next 48 hours. She's acting completely fine, but I still feel horrible. She's getting the princess treatment for the rest of the day.







Sorry the pictures are so dark. When I used the flash, it was too bright. I tried to get a few angles, but feel like they don't do it justice.

13 comments:

Lauren said...

was that a comment about lane's medical abilities. lol just kidding

Regina said...

Poor little thing!

Crystal Stanworth said...

I actually saw a child killed by falling out of the shopping cart like this at the Sam's Club out in Katy... do be careful, she is tooooo cute!

Jocelyn said...

Aww... poor E!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

So sad! It won't be the last time she gets a goose egg. Beware.

Kashari said...

Awww...that is so sad! Poor E I hope she is doing ok

Allison said...

Oh my, that made my heart skip a beat. Poor thing! Shopping carts are so scary and dangerous. We have only had near misses before. I can't even imagine how you felt. I bet your heart was beating through your chest. Glad she is okay.

Abby Batlle said...

she still looks beautiful!!! so glad she is acting ok!

Jami said...

She looks fine. That's a nice shinner though.

the tatsaks said...

Poor baby! That is a good goose egg. At least it was your kid and she did not need stitches-HA!

Jaymie and Justin said...

poor thing. Ouch!

The Rowes said...

Katherine feel out of a shopping cart when she was little. It was really scary, but she lived to tell about it. Don't beat yourself up about it (that's what I do when my kids get hurt).

Lindsey said...

at least she looks happy to be getting the princess treatment! :)