Thursday, October 14, 2010

Girly Things


I made Elliot & myself little bags with our initials on them the other day. I thought she might like a little purse & I needed some type of bag to carry to church on Sundays. I teach girls ages 12-18 & feel like I'm always carrying around tons of stuff for that, not to mention things for Elliot & myself. I like the font of her letter way better than mine, but I couldn't find a stencil large enough for my bag, so that explains the janky looking "J". But whatever. It will do the job. The way I got the fancy circle was by using a doily. I just spray glued the back of it onto the bag & used a sponge brush to paint on top of it. Then I removed the doily & was left with a cool looking outline.

11 comments:

Alys said...

I love that you made matching bags. So cute. I need to make Sean and Harrison something matching, maybe ties.

The Whites said...

Really really cute! And you're right, Elliot definitely needs a purse too!

Jami said...

Very cute.

The Piersons said...

I really like those bags, super cute. And I can't believe Elliot is talking! Carson has yet to move past mama and dada.

Bexie Funk said...

Those are so cute! I've been wanting to make cute grocery bags but never get around to it.

Debbie said...

adorable! she's going to love that bag! maybe she'll carry around Rollo in there! :)

Donnie and Laura said...

Way cute!! That's a great idea!

Diane said...

These have been on my to do list. They turned out great! I love that they are matching!

KT said...

Very cute!

Regina said...

Cute! Where did you get this idea? Did you ise fabric paint or craft paint?

Lindsey said...

Y'all will look so cute walking together, love it!