Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Recycled Rollo


Elliot is at the age where she wants a teddy bear when she sleeps. She's never cared before, but one day she started reaching out to a stuffed animal. Even though I hate the idea of having tons of animals around, I love that she snuggles up to Rollo. Rollo is my bear from age 1 on. He is so cute. In fact he won "Cutest Bear" when I was in preschool. My mom & I always say that he's real because I loved him so much, just like The Velveteen Rabbit. Somehow he's survived the past 27 years. And even recovered from when my sister & Regina would try to make me mad by throwing him up into the ceiling fan (how rude!).

Eventually, I'll let her pick out her own bear when she knows what's going on. But now it's time for E to get to love him.

11 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I love Rollo!!!!!!

Alys said...

That is so cute! Harrison has a few stuffed animals, but he just bites or sucks on them and throws them to the side. I don't know if he will be a teddy bear boy.

Jami said...

If you are going to change, you better do it soon. Once they get attached, they won't give it up.

Regina said...

Ok I was seeeeeriously cracking up reading this!! I totally remember doing that! Oh man that's funny. Glad he survived and now Elliot gets to love on him. These pics are cute. And by the way Kelly has Michael's childhood bear. Freddy Peach Bear.

Lindsey said...

Aww that is so sweet!! I still have my childhood teddy bear (Brownie) around somewhere and hope my kids want to play with him someday! :)

Gwen said...

LOL! I hate the idea of Scarlett sleeping with stuffing animals. As far as I am concerned, it only slows down the nighttime/sleep process. In fact, I use to leave 2 animals in her crib and they would be on the floor when I went in to get her in the mornings.

Liz on the other hand, sleeps with EVERY stuff animal she owns! Going to bed is a NIGHTMARE! And she's 10!

Bexie Funk said...

my kids are blankie babes, just like me. that bear is so cute and i love it when kids have comfort item!

The Hickman Family said...

I can't believe your childhood bear looks that good! That's cute that E loves him so much. My kids are very picky about which stuffed animal they sleep with.

Scott said...

That is so cute! That made me laugh about your sister throwing Rollo into the ceiling fan... that totally sounds like my family! My brothers would rip the limbs off each others favorite stuffed animals to get the other mad. It was sad then, but we always laugh about it now. :)

Scott said...

Opps, I just realized I was signed in as Scott... but I'm the one that's been making all the comments. :) - Laura

Debbie said...

awwww...that's the sweetest thing ever! :)