Monday, January 18, 2010

5 months


Guess who's 5 months? She is so much fun right now. She's tried rice cereal & applesauce & prefers the latter much more. She has trouble with the whole spoon concept, so I think I'm going to hold off for a bit & try again later. I started strictly pumping & feeding her bottles because I didn't think she was getting enough food. I was right because it caused me to have to supplement her with 2 formula bottles a day. She doesn't seem to mind the change. And I can already tell that she's getting bigger (and heavier)! She's at the stage where she likes to hear herself squawk. Yep, if you were in another room you would think that she's mad, but she's not. That's just her way of talking. She's getting the hang of sitting up on her own, although she still hasn't mastered it. And she gets the biggest kick out of me pretending to eat her hand. Sounds a little cannibalistic, but she just laughs & laughs. Her hand is always outstretched towards my mouth just waiting for it. That's what's new with her for the time being. I know there's more to come!

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

She is so so so adorable!! I loved this update.

Alys said...

She is so cute. That is good that she is taking formula okay. Harrison likes to hear himself squawk, too. I lay him down after I feed him and he makes all kinds of noise, but he is happy.

Jami said...

You should try those dippers. They look like homemade popsicle sticks, but they are supposed to get the baby used to taking food.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

What a cutie. I LOVE this age!

Gwen said...

This is a fun stage! Has she rolled over yet? She's looking so good!

Abby Batlle said...

LOVE that smile!!!! She is so beautiful!!!!

ChelseaSalomone said...

She is SO cute!!

the tatsaks said...

I cant believe she is 5 months! I means sitting up...really! I hate that you are there and she will not know us! Hurry up and get back here!!!!

Donnie and Laura said...

Gosh, she's so cute! I can't believe she's already 5 months- she sounds absolutely precious.

KT said...

How fun! She is so cute. It's funny the things you do as a parent to get your kid to laugh. We had the hardest time getting Kira to laugh at that age, we'd do all kinds of things. She's lightened up and now it's much easier to make her laugh.

Bexie Funk said...

oh i love it when they start to laugh at themselves. its so cute, and wow it goes by fast.

Debbie said...

precious girl!!! now, it really starts getting so fun!! their personalities definitely start showing more. and starting on "foods" is a blast. you'll love trying different things out! :)

Regina said...

I can't get over how cute she is!!