Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 1 of Training


I've completed a weeks worth of running & it wasn't as bad as I thought. Yes I was incredibly sore for most of the week, but I did it. Today was the worst. I hate running in the cold. My throat ends up hurting so bad. So needless to say when I saw the weather was 36 degrees I was not looking forward to it. This leads me to my outfit. Somehow I ended up looking like a ninja when I walked out of my house this morning. I only have long black pants & I just happened to grab my black fleece. Then Lane suggested I wear his head thingy because it covers your nose. I knew that would make it easier on me, so I did. And there you have it. I was out on the streets looking like I was up to no good. And it didn't help that I was running...possibly away from a crime. I'm sure people thought that anyway.

18 comments:

Alys said...

That is so funny. You do look like your up to no good.

Crystal Stanworth said...

that's hilarious! especially around here!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

LOL!! That's awesome...you go girl!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Ha!!! Well good for you- that's awesome you're sticking to it.

The Hickman Family said...

You look so funny! People probably thought you were a little 12 year old gang banger! Good job on the running. If I still lived there I would totally run with you.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

that is hilarious!!!

Lindsey said...

Before I even started reading your post, I thought, I wonder why is Jalei dressed like a ninja? hahahaha. That running outfit is awesome!

The Rowes said...

If I saw you on the street I would not have recognized you at all! You do look pretty funny, but good for you that you are out there working out!

Christina Bassi said...

Way too funny! :)

Jami said...

You need a treadmill. It takes all the excuses away.

Gwen said...

LOL!!! LOL!!! I'm am laughing so hard! That is THE funniest thing you have done yet! I am about to wake Scarlett up because I am laughing so hard! I have to show Jeremiah, LOL!!!

the tatsaks said...

HA! That is hilarious! You totally look like a delinquent! Glad it went well! You will be ready to train for a half in no time!

KT said...

That is hilarious! When I saw the picture I my first thought was NINJA!

Regina said...

You are such a nerd. Your eyes even look mischievous in this picture!

Fernando said...

Funny pic. So, how's the training going? I decided to start running before work and it wasn't very pleasant this morning at 6am--pretty cold. Oh, and I felt sick after running...maybe I should slow down.

Bexie Funk said...

oh that's funny. I feel the same way about running in the cold, its awful!

Laura said...

Ha! Nice! I'm all registered and ready to go... I can't wait for the 5K (and the t-shirt!)

Jan said...

Oh-I am proud of you for working so hard!