Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Play Dates Are Fun

...especially for mommy! E was extra lucky this week because she got to play with 2 friends! And so did mommy! The weather was beautiful on Monday so we took advantage & went to the park with Katie & Kira.

As you can see Elliot got to try out the swings. She loved them! I forgot how big the seats are. Next time I'm going to bring a blanket to put behind her to take up some of that excess space! But she was content hanging over the front end. Every time she would swing towards me, she'd start to laugh. Kind of reminds me of that McDonald's commercial where the baby is in it's swing & on the upswing he sees the golden arches & smiles. But on the downswing he starts to cry.

Here's the 2 kiddos enjoying the sun. I have to say I enjoy getting out of the house with Elliot. I don't feel the need to always be going places, but every once in a while it's nice. And I get to have adult conversation with is even better!

Today we had our second playdate with Averi. We went over to her place, but this picture was taken at our house. I meant to get one of the girls together, but E didn't stick to her typical napping schedule today so when she was sleeping, Averi was awake & vice versa. They did get some face time at the very beginning though!

7 comments:

Alys said...

She is so big in that swing! I can't believe she was able to be in there by herself. That had to be so fun!

Jami said...

I told you she would enjoy the swings.

Gwen said...

Elliot is just a delight! I'm glad you took advantage of the good weather.

Debbie said...

what cute swing pictures! looks like she loved it!! i thought of that mcdonalds commercial, too. haha :)

the tatsaks said...

I LOVE the swing pic! So cute and YES playdates are good for mommy!!!

Lindsey said...

How fun! The girls are so cute in the swings.

Regina said...

It's definitely fun to get out once in a while! I agree!