Friday, January 1, 2010

Good Luck All Year

Today my mom made her annual New Year's day dinner. It consists of meatloaf, turnip greens, corn bread & black eyed peas. I actually don't like any of it but the cornbread, but that's besides the point.

I just make sure I eat a few black eyed peas so I can have good luck this year. I don't know if that's a Texas thing or just a southern thing, but we've been doing it since I was little.

Good luck on a fork!

E with her Poppi

My parents with all the grand kids.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That is such a cute picture with all the grandkids. At least they all cooperated.

KT said...

That's funny, I've never heard that eating black eyed peas will bring good luck. I'll have to try it next year!

Lindsey said...

LOL I love that you say "but that's beside the point." I love traditions and would say the same thing! :)

the tatsaks said...

Cute pic of your dad and E and the one with all the grandkids! I did not eat one black eyed pea! Hope I dont have any bad luck!

Jen-Jen said...

we do that every year too! i loved Elliot's rice cereal picture :) i miss you! we need to get together soon!! i will let you know the next time i am coming down to houston!