Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gun Show

You may be thinking, 'what's up with these people? They go to the most random things.' And we do. Last weekend it was the boat show & today it was the gun show. I think it's about time for me to be nominated for the "coolest wife award" for my efforts. I didn't particularly want to go to either one of these, but Lane did & off we went. It was quite the experience seeing so many different kinds of people walking around with guns. There were lots of cops on hand which made me feel a little better. There was a brief moment when I felt like a horrible mom for bringing Elliot with us. What was I thinking? Oh well we all made it out alive. We were this close (picture my fingers about an inch apart) to buying a little hand gun for me, but we decided to wait. I really need to get my CHL before I get one. Otherwise it will just sit in my drawer unused. Lane didn't go away empty handed though. He bought a holster that he can wear under his shirt. So now he can actually wear his gun. If anyone needs a body guard, give him a call :)

4 comments:

Alys said...

Lane would make a good bodyguard.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Seriously you SHOULD get the best wife award. Boat and gun shows sound B-oring! I want to get my CHL too, wish we lived closer and we could go get them together!

Regina said...

You should have gotten the gun! A group of us, (me, mike, mom, brent, j, debbie, lori) are getting our CHL's together. I can't wait to go buy a little gun to carry in my purse.

Jan said...

I went to my first gun show a few months ago!!! Yep, it is a little scary. I think I might get my chl sometime also. I am so impressed that y'all do so many cool things!! No moss is going to grow on you!